Apologies

"Dan?" Chris called in a desperate search for him.

He was about to give up and go back when he heard crying in the corner,

"Dan, thank god!" he sighed as he ran over.

"Chris, what has he ever done to deserve this? What have I ever done to deserve this!? It's not fair." he sobbed,

"Shh, I know Dan, I dont understand either," he hugged Dan and tried to comfort him, "you should go back to him." Chris smiled.

"I cant Chris. I have to apologise to the listeners, I need to tell them hes ok, I guess I just panicked..." he sighed.

"Well theres another song playing after muse so we have time to get back and sort things out before we go on air. Are you sure you dont just want to go?" Chris asked,

"I'm sure... Thanks Chris, you're amazing," Dan smiled, unsure of what would have happened without Chris.

They turned and headed back to the studio.

"Dan," he heared a voice from behind him,

"Hm... oh! Al, uh..." he stuttered, it was his producer. Now what? He just swore at a listener!

"Dan, I know you're going through a hard time but we cant tolerate that kind of language on air. I'm sorry, but you've been suspended until further notice." he sighed, looking at the floor.

"What!? No! I'm sorry! I need to let them know Phils ok! I need to apologise! Please Al!?" Dan cried, he felt tears rolling down his face.

"Fine, you have five minutes, I'll say I didnt get to you in time if anyone asks." Al smiled,

"Thank you so much, Al!" Dan called as he turned and ran into the studio to join Chris.

"That was Muse and Paramore on Radio 1" Chris pressed the button to play the jingle and nodded at Dan.

Dan sighed.

"Hi! I'm sorry about my language, I know I was wrong to swear. I'm really sorry if I upset or worried anyone. Phil will be ok, the doctors said he should make a full recovery.

I dont know why he did it. I just know he did and it kills me to know my best friend felt like that.

Again, I'm so sorry for my use of language." Dan sighed and put his hand in his headphone as he heard Al telling him his time was up.

"I've just been told I've been suspended until further notice. I guess this is Dan signing out for possibly the last time. Bye guys." he sighed as he took off his headphones and left.

He left his pass on the front desk and left without speaking.

He faked a smile at the few people still waiting outside. He knew they heard everything.

One girl just walked up to him and hugged him causing him to burst into tears.

She hugged him tight and rubbed circles into his back to soothe him.

"Dan, I'm so sorry about everything," she said,

"Why is everything going wrong? What have I done?" Dan sobbed,

"Shh, you haven't done anything wrong, you're just upset, you need to stay strong for Phil!" she smiled, "You need to go back to him!"

Dan sighed, "thanks." he smiled as he walked to the bus stop.