Chapter 12

Jen's' POV

At lunch, Emily had blurted out a few times that she couldn't believe Michael kissed her, and we all just laughed at her giddiness.

I leaned over to Ashton and whispered, "You do know she's only fifteen right? You guys are such horn dogs."

Angus must have heard our conversation because he leaned in as well, "That Clifford, huh?" He said with a laugh.

Ashton's eyes got wide, "we all thought it was her sixteenth birthday, not fifteenth. Oh well, it was just a kiss. They'll probably never see each other again."

"That's true. At least she had a good birthday kiss. She'll have a story to tell!" I laughed. Luckily she was engaged in a conversation with Niall about braces, so she didn't hear Ashton and I.

After lunch, Jack came to pick Emily up from the small cafe we were eating at, and I was genuinely happy to see him. Angus and I introduced him to Niall and Ashton and they eagerly shook his hand.

"Now you've met the best representation of both bands," I said as we chatted lightly to catch up.

"You sure have, obviously I'm the best lad in One Direction, and we all know drummers are the best," Niall said confidently while referring to Ashton as well.

"Good to know, boys." Jack laughed.

As Emily got into the car Jack turned around to faced us and said, "I can't thank you enough. I couldn't have given her a better present." He reached in to hug me and I immediately met his embrace. He shook Angus's hand, and stepped into the car himself.

"What a genuine lad," Angus said as we watched their car pull away.

He was right, the old man was so genuine and I was happy we had the opportunity to meet him.

Niall, Ashton, Angus and I headed back to the set so Angus and I could meet our car to take us back to our hotel. It was around four in the afternoon, the boys and I were going to the concert at six and I was beyond excited. I adored Patty Walters' covers, and seeing him live was going to be a blast.

I was looking forward to hanging out with Niall and the rest of the 5SOS guys also. I already considered Niall a good friend even though we hadn't been friends for very long. I was happy to be around Ashton as well. He was comforting and the rest of them were such a riot, that I knew it would take my mind off things.

...

Angus and I had made it back to the hotel rapidly and we both went off to our seperate rooms to get ready. Mine was starting to look particularly messy, and I decided to clean up quickly since it wouldn't take me very long to get ready. I just planned on changing my outfit and freshening up a bit.

As I was picking up the clothes from my date with Harry, I felt a little sad. I had such a perfect night with him, only for it to be ruined the next day.

In one hand I held my shorts that Harry had chosen, and in the other I held the black dress I had worn with Ashton, and suddenly I felt overwhelmed and threw them both down in a hurry.

I went over to my closet and chose out some black skinny jeans and red sweater that was higher in the front, but lower in the back and paired them with my black vans.

I headed to the bathroom and reparted my hair that had gotten messy from the wind and touched up my foundation with a little bit of concealer, and started to feel excited again. The whole gang would meet us in the lobby at five thirty and it was pushing five now.

I decided to sit on my bed and watch MTV. I always giggled to myself when I watched it, knowing that they employed me.

"Ha, you pay my bills," I laughed to myself. I didn't know why I was so amused by that, but it was something I'd always done. Right as I was laughing, I got a phone call from Sam.