Chapter 60

Luke's POV

"I'm really glad you tweeted me that day," I said looking down at Kirstin. I was so nervous to meet her, she seemed really cool from all the text convos, and phone calls we'd had over the past couple of weeks. Not to mention she was was pretty cute.

"So am I, I didn't think you'd actually respond, or it would escalate to anything," she smiled up at me. Her beautiful brown eyes, and huge smile eased my nerves a little.

"Yeah me either. It's hard to find girls who like me for me, and not just because I'm in a band. Most girls just try to chat me up to get to one of the other guys, or get tickets to our shows," I shrugged.

"You know I would never do that right?" Kirstin looked at me, her face laced with concern.

"Of course I do, at least I think you like me a little? Or else you wouldn't be here."

"I like you more than a little," she responded quietly. I thought I saw her blush as she stared down at the ground.

"What was that?" I softly laughed. She was so damn adorable, I wanted to hear her say it again.

"Nothing," she shook her head.

"Hey, tell me!" I stopped our movements by standing directly in front of her.

"I said I like you more than a little," she responded, blushing again. I smiled at her confession, I'm sure I looked like an idiot smiling like this, but I couldn't help it.

"I like you more than a little too."

She gave me a small smile, and all I wanted to do was kiss her. I tucked her hair behind her ears and cupped her cheek, leaning down to kiss her. Just before our lips met she pulled back.

"So, show me how to play these things," she walked past me to get to Ashton's drum kit.

I was a little disappointed she pulled back, and confused at the same time. I didn't want to ask why, I didn't want her to think I was pushy, so I just brushed it off and followed her behind Ashton's kit.

"Well first put your foot on here and push down," I placed her foot on the drum pedal. "Then hit this one with that stick, and that with this one," I showed her a simple beat on the drums.

"Like this?" She mimicked the rhythm I just showed her.

"Exactly like that!" I squatted down next to her.

We joked around for a little, and I called out instructions to her to spice up the rhythm a little.

"Okay I got this," she winked at me, and started banging on the kit like she'd been playing her whole life.

"What was that?" I looked up at her with wide eyes.

"I've been playing drums for a few years now, I just wanted to have you teach me," she chuckled.

"I think you should be the one teaching me!" I could see myself falling for this girl. She was shy like I was, but somehow we felt comfortable with each other.

"You're beautiful, you know that don't you?" I blurted out without thinking.

"You're pretty good looking yourself," she responded.

She took me by complete surprise when she leant down and kissed me on the lips. It was a simple kiss, but it was enough. I didn't want to rush into anything, so I would take what I was given.

"What was that for?" I smiled up at her.

"I don't know, it just felt right I guess, sorry," she shrugged.