Chapter 71

Calum's POV

The week had gone by fast, and I was a mixture of nervous and excited. Sammy was finally arriving today, and we could finally talk about everything that was making things undeniably tense over the last seven days.

I hadn't cheated on her like she thought, I would never do that. Sam was different to all the other girls I had been with, she was pure- innocent. She had this aura about her that made you want to get to know her, and have her in your life.

She was the first girl I had met since I was thrown into this world called "fame", that treated me like a normal person, just Calum. Every day spent away from her was hard, I constantly felt like I was missing a part of myself. I wasn't me when she wasn't beside me.

"Luke you idiot, get up!" I opened his bunk curtain and slammed down on his stomach.

"What the hell...shit!" He sat up too quickly, bumping his head on the bunk above.

"Dude we have to go to the airport to pick Sam and Kirstin up!"

"What? What's the time?" He looked confused.

"It's four, they get in at five and the airport's a thirty minute drive from here," I reminded him.

Luke had been counting down the days as much as I had until he saw Kirstin again. I knew he really liked her, this was his first girlfriend since before we took off on our first 1D tour over a year ago.

"Shit! I didn't realise the time!" He scrabbled out of his bunk, pulling a pair of jeans up and throwing a shirt on.

"How are we getting to the airport?" He asked.

"Harry and Jen are coming, so Harry's driving," I lead him off the bus, and we met Harry and Jen outside. Harry had borrowed one of the car's from security, big enough for all of us to fit, and windows tinted enough for our privacy.

"Hey guys," Jen smiled and waved.

"Hey," I smiled back.

"Are you nervous?" She asked me quietly.

"Yeah, I'm just scared of losing her Jen, what if she doesn't believe me?" Jen was someone I could always confide in. She was Sammy's sister, but she was also an amazing friend to me. She knew her sister better than anyone, so I often went to her for advice in regards to my relationship.

"I honestly think you guys will be fine. Sam loves you so much Cal, I can't see her believing a bunch of groupies over you! Besides, I've been with you this whole tour, I know you haven't done anything wrong. If you need me to step in and kick some sense into her, i'm more than happy to," she joked, lightening the mood a little.

"Thanks Jen," I lightly chuckled and pulled her into a hug.

"Okay, could you stop feeling my girlfriend up now and get in the car if you want to make it to the airport on time!" Harry called out.

"Shut up, Harold!" Jen playfully yelled back.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?"

"Probably as many as time's as I've had to tell you to shut up!" We all got into the car, and I knew this would be an amusing half hour.

...

Jen and Harry definitely didn't disappoint in the entertainment department. The two of them bickered the whole way to the airport, but not in the annoying just break up already type of way, it was more just playful banter between two people you could tell really loved one another.

It eased my nerves slightly, I hoped to God these two weeks with Sammy would be like every other time we were together, and not awkward.

"Come on!" Jen ushered us out of the cars. We were in Boston this week, and the paparazzi were pretty chill in this city, so we were able to go into the airport without being swarmed by them. Sammy and Kirstin kept pretty quiet on social media about arriving today, so the fans didn't really see a reason why would we be at the airport, allowing us to avoid a mob of screaming girls.