Chapter 30

Harry's POV

I heard muffled noises outside my door just as I was getting ready to take a nap. I didn't want to be nosey, but since the whole floor was rented out to us, I was curious.

The voices sounded familiar. They didn't sound like they were arguing, but it didn't sound exactly kind either. The girl's voice sounded almost desperate, but I couldn't quite pin a face to the sound.

The guy sounded almost angry and I quickly recognised it as Ashton. I wish I recognised the other one as fast. I decided to finally look out of the peep hole only to see the back of Jen's head, as Ashton asked why she was crying.

Why was my girlfriend crying? I wanted to immediately bust open the door, but my inquisitive nature got the best of me, and I decided to listen more incase I was just over reacting.

"Because I don't want to fight with you Ash, why can't you just accept that I'm happy with Harry?" I heard Jen say. She said more, but it was muffled and I couldn't make it out.

Her voice sounded really shaky. Why the hell did she care what Ashton thought anyway? They were friends, but Ashton said nothing had happened between them.

"Who told you I had feelings for another girl?" Ashton retorted. He looked angry that someone had told her, then I realised it was me.

I couldn't make out her response since she almost whispered it, but I saw Ashton's eyes flicker to my door telling me that she said my name.

"Jen, I don't have feelings for Bella at all, yeah we still talk occasionally but not in the way you think."

Confusion was wracking my brain, I didn't understand why they both were so concerned about us being together.

I saw Ashton's hand move up to Jen's cheek, and jealousy hit me like a tonne of bricks. I didn't want any other guy to touch her. She was my girlfriend, if she needed comfort I was here.

Too many thoughts were swimming in my brain, and I didn't know what to do. Should I open the door and confront them? or should I keep listening? I felt almost as if I was betraying her trust by standing behind a closed door.

"The person I have feelings for...."

That was it. His hand was still on her cheek, and with him looking at her like he was, I was afraid of how he was going to finish that sentence.

I flung the door open a little harsher than I meant to, "What's going on out here?" Shit, that came out harsher than I meant.

They both looked up at me like children who had gotten caught.

Ashton's hand dropped from my girlfriend's face. "Nothing man, we were just talking..." He said this like it was no big deal that Jen was crying in front of him.

"I can see that!" I snapped. I was mad now that he didn't seem to care that I was concerned.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go. Have a good night," he smiled and departed down the hallway. What the hell just happened?

I finally looked at Jen. She was so beautiful even with tear stained cheeks, and I so badly wanted to pull her to me and take away her tears. At the same time, I was angry and jealous at what I had just heard.

"Can we talk?" She asked me in a small voice.

Not trusting my own, I just held my door open a little more and stepped aside, signalling her to come in. She entered my room and took a seat on the end of my bed.

I stood with my back to her, resting my hands against the door trying to recompose myself before I completely lost it, but her intoxicating scent that smelled of vanilla hit my senses and I was drawn to her again.