Chapter 46

Harry's POV

My mind seemed to stop thinking after I crashed my lips into Abi's. All I could think about was Ashton grinding on Jen, like a bad movie trailer on repeat.

Everyone knew I became irrational when I was angry. I had a habit of not letting people explain themselves, and I think I may have taken it too far this time.

I was laying next to Abi on the bed, only a sheet covering us. We were both staring at the ceiling, not sure what to say. We had just cheated on our significant other, even though I didn't know where Jen and I stood. I shouldn't have done it, but Abi didn't stop me and I wasn't thinking.

We had slept together before, but this time it was different. There was no passion behind it from either of us, it was a straight f*ck and I had never done that before. I never slept with a girl I didn't have feelings for, this was the first and last time.

I was angry at the whole Jen and Ashton situation, I felt like I had to get back at her, so in my mind we were even, and Abi seemed willing. I ran my hand through my hair and pulled at it, frustrated.

"What happened, Harry? You didn't explain anything before you kissed me, and it all kind of lead to this," Abi asked quietly as she got out of bed, and pulled on a pair of sweats that were lying on her floor.

"Jen cheated...I think," I said back to her.

"Well, we just did the same thing, so you can't be as mad at her anymore since you're no better. What makes you think she cheated?" She said looking at me sympathetically.

"I didn't give her much of a chance to explain, I kind of just yelled and then she hung up on me," I said sitting up, putting my face in my hands as I sat off the side of the bed.

"Harry, you have to stop doing that. You seemed like you really loved her, I know how you are,"
she said leaving the room, entering the bathroom.

When Abi said "loved" not "love" it hit my heart. I love Jen, I still do, I didn't know what was going to happen now.

I needed to talk to Niall. He always knew what to say, and he was a neutral party in this mess.

I got out of the bed and pulled my clothes on, making my way over to the bathroom, knocking on the door.

"Abi, can I come in?"

"Yeah," she replied.

I opened the door and she was just standing in front of the mirror, looking at herself. She looked like she regretted what we just did as much as I did.

"I'm sorry for all this, it's not what I was thinking when I thought we could hang out today," I said looking at the ground.

"I know you didn't," she smiled and shrugged. "It's not like I told you to stop."

"I know, but still. I know you're in a relationship too," I looked up at her.

"Honestly, I think Matt and I's relationship has been over for awhile now. Hell, I'm hanging out with you and not him and it's Valentine's day," she shrugged again, and I knew she only did that when she didn't believe the words she was saying.

"Well, let's just pretend it didn't happen. You're one of my best friends and I want to keep it that way. You're one of the few people I know who actually like me for me, not because I'm famous." I hated that word, but I knew she understood.

"Friends," she smiled and stuck her hand out, I laughed and we shook hands. I didn't want to talk about this day with anyone, especially not with Jen. She would truly hate me for this, and the thought of ever hurting her pained me more than finding out about her and Ashton.