Chapter 18

Jen's POV

The flight back to Melbourne went by incredibly quick, and it was quiet almost the whole time.

Bella had fallen asleep as soon as we took off, she could sleep anywhere at anytime. It was probably a good thing though, because I didn't want to bring up anything about her and Ashton, I knew if she wanted to tell me she would.

The only real conversation I had the whole time was with Sam, and she was a jumble of emotions. She was happy that her and Calum were officially together, but she was also scared and nervous because of the distance they would have to face.

"You know you can come anytime you want, I'll be with them on tour the whole time and you're always welcome with me," I said, trying to comfort her.

"I know, he just has girls throwing themselves at him," she responded with eyes full of concern.

"That's true. You should probably freak out!" I said with a laugh. By the look on her face, she didn't appreciate my poor attempt at a joke.

"I'm just kidding, he obviously only wants you. I can tell how much you mean to each other, I'm actually a little jealous," I admitted to her.

"Why?" She questioned me.

I didn't really want to go into detail about how I had feelings for Harry, but I was also feeling a little jealous that Bella had slept with Ashton. So I settled for a more general response.

"I kind of wish I had a boyfriend, I mean I've only ever had one and he was a douche. I've put my walls up to protect myself from being hurt again, but I like the idea of having someone to get excited over, to give me butterflies when I see them."

I thought of Harry, and how he made me feel when he kissed me. He made me excited and nervous at the same time, maybe something would happen with us...I hoped anyway.

"You'll find that guy Jen, who knows, maybe Harry can dust those cobwebs away down there," she laughed, and I reached over and swatted her arm, causing Bella to stir beside us.

She immediately knocked back out with her mouth hanging open, and I snapped a picture of her, not being able to pass up this Kodak moment.

I opened up my texts and attached the picture to a text to Ashton and said, "Looks like you knocked her out," remembering to send it when we landed.

Sam and I were laughing way too hard, and I knew Bella would kill me when she saw what I did. Suddenly though the laughter died down, and it was like I woke up again and felt the jealousy creep back into the pit of my stomach.

Sam gave me a weird look at the sudden change of moods, and her look jolted the jealously back out me. God, these two boys were giving me mood swings.

I liked Harry, but just something about Ash sleeping with my best friend didn't feel right. I couldn't help but think that he had done it to get to me, which annoyed me a lot.

Shaking off my thoughts, we got off the plane and I dropped Sam off at our parents house, before Bella and I went back to our place. I told Sam I was going to pick her up around eleven tomorrow to go to the doctor, and just to tell mum we were going to lunch. She smiled looking annoyingly excited, and went inside. That girl worried me sometimes.

...

We didn't make it to the doctor's office until almost one, because our mother wanted to come to lunch with us so bad we couldn't say no. We went with her and then told her we were going shopping. Luckily she said she had her own set of errands to run, so she didn't want to come with us again.