Chapter 1

Stacey's POV

The lawyer sits at the head of the table reading the will of our grandfather who had only been gone for one week I wasn't expecting us to be left with anything we were close and we stayed with our grandparents all the time but it was still surprising. "To my three lovely granddaughters I leave you Backstreet Ranch along with the house and all of its contents and the acres of the land and the livestock that goes with it may you come to treasure it as much as your grandmother and I did."  My eyes widen and the heads of my two sisters pop up Mallory who was a little younger than me looks at me and mouths ranch I shrug my shoulders and look at our youngest sister Vanessa who looks just as surprised. Once the lawyer finishes we get the papers and sign them this was it we now own a ranch a little while later the car ride is silent until Mallory pipes up in the passenger seat. "Why do we get the ranch our cousin got money?" I reach over and slap her arm "Don't say that he loves us and wants us to cherish it." She nods her head "Yeah yeah yeah." Later on I stop the car and well get out from behind me I hear Vanessa say "I can't believe it." From the outside of the house it looked amazing.

" From the outside of the house it looked amazing

Vanessa's POV

We go in separate directions once we get inside Stacey walks down the hall to her old room, I walk upstairs to the end of the hall where my room is and I see Mallory walk in her room that is right by the stairs because she would always sneak out at night to be with the horses. I smile when I walk in my old room the three of us had a lot of memories here and all of them were good I was glad grandpa had left the ranch to us and I hope that in time Mallory would remember how much fun the three of us had here. My thoughts are cut short when I hear a truck pulling in the driveway that was quick we haven't even been here an hour yet I walk over to the window and see a truck with a horse trailer. I walk in the living room and follow Stacey outside just as the guy gets out of his truck and Stacey and I walk over "I'm Vanessa this is my sister Stacey." He nods "I'm Mark I have your horse for you." We hear the sound of something hit the door of the trailer with a lot of force he opens the trailer and starts trying to lead the horse out of it but the horse pulls away and rears up on its back legs and kicks the air. This horse was vicious and could possibly hurt somebody there is no way we would be able to keep it. The Horse goes to kick again and we back up then like some movie character Mallory appears in front of us holding her hands up and the horse stops and looks at her.

Mallory's POV

The horse standing in front of me was pitch black, this horse was a stallion a black stallion and he was beautiful. I slowly step toward him and keep my hand out a few seconds later I'm running my hand down his nose I smile and look at him "Hey there." I look at Stacey and Vanessa who are shaking their heads at me then I look back at my horse and hear Vanessa say "To bad you can't do that with guys Mal." I shoot her a glare which makes her and Stacey laugh, Mark looks at us "It was nice meeting you ladies I'm sorry about your grandfather if you ever need anything he kept my number around I better get going." We all nod and say good bye then he gets in his truck and drives off. Stacey claps her head together which causes my horse to toss his head back a few times "Easy there." Stacey looks at the two of us "We have work to do so let's do this." She was right we did have a lot of work to do by the time we finished everything that just needed to be done for the day it was after dark. We all walk in the house and I lay on the couch while Vanessa and Stacey sit in chairs I groan and look at the two of them "We need help or something we can't run this place by ourselves there is too much to do." They both nod their heads and Stacey looks at me "Yeah you're right." I smile because I know it killed her to say it.

" I smile because I know it killed her to say it