Chapter 50

Group POV

Thanksgiving Weekend we decide on a living tree which would mean an outing to the woods in order to find the perfect tree the boys worked quickly to chop it down and get it in the house once the tree is set up in the living room we go through the boxes of ornaments. With Christmas music playing and a few hours of work the star is placed on top of the tree and the lights are turned on the tree is done and we all stand there looking at it Ness is the first to speak, "The tree looks great!! It's the best one yet!!" Mal looks at Nick who hands her a box. She opens it and says "It's nice but this will make it perfect." She and Nick place a shiny pink ornament in the center of the tree we all look at the ornament then back at them the words "Daughter's first Christmas" were boldly written on the pink ball. Stacey was the first to speak "Oh my god you're having a girl?!" Nick beams with delight "Yes." Stacey and Ness squeal with excitement as Kevin and Howie offer congratulations to the parents to be. We were going to have a great Christmas!!

 We were going to have a great Christmas!!

Mallory's POV

I look out the window and see Nick outside clearing the snow away from the porch and side walk I bundle up and pull my coat around me and growing bump then I walk outside. I silently grab a handful of snow and pack it into a tight ball then I throw it at Nick and hit him in the shoulder he looks up at me and smiles then makes a snowball and throws it at me this leads to the two of us having a snowball fight which doesn't last long because I feel a hard kick from my baby girl who's showing her displeasure of mom playing. Nick builds a snowman then we both stand and look at it he puts an arm around my waist and I lean into his side and he puts his hand on my bump then looks at me "Just think next year we will get to play with our little girl in the snow she's going to have so much fun." I look up at him "We will have her first Christmas and watch her open gifts then play with wrapping paper and boxes." He wraps his arms around my waist "I can't wait to meet her." I was excited too I wanted to meet our little girl and hold her in my arms.

Vanessa's POV

Kevin and I are sitting in our room wrapping our presents for everyone we had even gotten a tiny pink onesie for Nick and Mallory's baby girl along with some headbands and bows. We finish wrapping then stick the presents in the floor of our closet I look on the bed and see all of the extra wrapping paper and bows laying there I look from the wrapping paper to Kevin and I just had to do what I was thinking of this opportunity was just too good to pass up. I walk over and sit on the bed and start cutting off long strips of the paper Kevin looks at me "Ness what are you doing?" I smile then start wrapping him in the paper with tiny snowmen then I tape it until he's covered in paper once I'm done I place a blue bow on his head and he looks at me "You think you're cute don't you?" I start laughing and he Kevin does to I kiss him and wrap my arms around his neck then he kisses back and looks down at me "I love you Ness." "I love you too Kevin and you make a great present." Kevin was a great present because he was all I wanted.

Stacey's POV

I'm in the kitchen gathering all of the ingredients needed to bake Christmas cookies I tear open the bag of flour and start scooping out sugar I hear someone walk in the kitchen and I look up and see Howie. He walks over and stands next to me "Can I help?" I had a lot of cookies and other things to bake to make sure we had enough thanks to Mallory's pregnancy her sweet tooth had gone into overdrive so maybe with Howie helping me bake it wouldn't take as long I look over at him "Sure I can use the help." Howie starts to help and he tries to measure out cups of sugar and flour but he ends up making a mess and getting everything all over the counter then he reaches over and starts eating some of the cookie dough I have laid out in the pans I slap his hand then the two of us laugh. He picks up a handful of flour then throws it at me I grab some and throw it back this leads to us playing with the frosting and we end up covered in different blobs of red, green, and blue frosting the cleanup would take a while but it was Christmas and it was fun to act like kids.