Chapter 47

Group POV

We all sit and take care of Nick until the doctor comes Brian and Howie have gone to put the horses back in the barn and Mallory is sitting in a chair by the bed holding his hand only letting go to wipe her tears away. Kevin keeps pacing and you can tell that he is upset with Nick down he only had one choice and that meant we had to keep Derek here to work on the ranch until Nick got better the doctor arrives and he starts to examine Nick. We all wait in the hall except for Mallory who stays by his side the doctor walks out and informs us that Nick has a concussion and he will be on bed rest for a few days he gives us symptoms to look for incase Nick gets worse and he tells us to call him then the doctor leaves Nick was lucky it could have been a lot worse.

Mallory's POV

I stay by Nick and hold his hand and watch him while he lays there I don't know if he can hear me but I talk to him anyway. "Hey Nicky I'm so sorry about all of this I hate that this happened and I know it's all my fault I'm sorry for what happened between me and Derek. I just want you to know that I love you so much and I hate that I hurt you I would do anything to take it back I don't know what I would do without you you're my other half Nick Carter we have something that you don't find every day. I really need you to wake up I'm pregnant you're going to be a daddy." Nick doesn't move and he doesn't say anything I sit by him all night and by the time the sun starts rising the next morning I'm exhausted but I don't try to sleep I know that I need to eat for his baby that I'm carrying but I want to be with him when he wakes up.

Kevin's POV

I walk outside and find Derek I grab him by the shoulder and turn him to look at me "What happened to Nick is your fault all you are is a player you made a move on Mal and Nick knows it you're just here to work nothing else the ladies aren't part of the deal." He looks at me and a smirk appears on his face "I guess I should have gotten here sooner when they were tell me as the foreman do you get paid a bonus for a three way?" When he says that something inside me snaps and I lose it then I punch him which makes him go back a few feet "Once Nick is able to work again you're done for the rest of the time that you're here stay away from Mallory." I leave him standing there and I start walking away to go feed the horses.

Nick's POV

I wake up and everything is fuzzy and I'm being blinded by the late afternoon sun I feel a little confused but slowly everything clears up I remember what happened but for now I had a splitting headache I look over and see Mallory sitting next to me. She smiles at me "You're awake how are you feeling?" I sigh "My head hurts." She gives me some water and some painkillers then she starts playing with a piece of string hanging off the blanket "You have a concussion but the doctor said you're going to be fine." I nod and we sit in silence for a while then she coughs and looks at me "I'm sorry Nick." "I don't want to talk about you hurt me badly I need some time I don't understand how you could cheat on me. I want to marry you if you didn't want to be with me you should have said something." She pulls away and nods then walks out of the room without saying anything I turn my head and look out the window.

Stacey's POV

Mallory has stayed away from Nick for a couple of days and she was completely avoiding Derek Nick is doing better but he is still getting better but he hasn't been cleared by the doctor to do anything. He moves from his bedroom into the kitchen where I'm sitting and putting vegetables in jars I look up at him when he sits down "Are you hungry?" He nods and I fix him something to eat and sit the plate down in front of him then I look at him "I know about Mallory and Derek I wish it hadn't happened but it did. Mallory felt rejected and she let the cloud her thinking people make mistakes and if you really want a relationship and a future with Mal, you have to work things out." Nick sighs then pushes his plate away and looks at me "You're right but I don't know if I can I didn't mean to make her feel rejected I just wanted to buy a ring and surprise her." He gets out of the chair then goes back upstairs to his room I was going to do whatever it took to get the two of them back together.