Chapter 23

Stacey's POV

It's a beautiful day for a drive Howie and I have the windows down and there is a silence between us but it isn't awkward it's comfortable. Howie reaches over and holds my hand but I pull away I look over at him "So what are your plans?" Howie looks at me "We are going to the resort hotel a few hours away in the city." We get there close to sunset and get checked in our room Howie puts our bags down in the floor "I thought we could do dinner first then head to one of the casinos I'll go wait in the lobby if you want to shower." He walks out of the room and I take a deep breath and sigh he was trying so hard maybe Mallory and Vanessa were right I couldn't let Josh ruin this Howie was a great guy. After I meet Howie in the lobby we have an amazing dinner in the hotel restaurant from there we go to the casino we play six games of poker and surprisingly I beat Howie four out of the six times it's late when we make it back to our room I walk in the bathroom and change when I come out Howie is already in the bed facing the window. I walk over and get in the bed "Please don't be angry with me we should enjoy this weekend I really want to be here with you." He rolls over and looks at me "I know and I'm glad you're here." I kiss him and he smiles then falls asleep a few minutes later I fall asleep too. The next morning Howie sends me to the spa where I get a massage, facial, and my nails done I felt great as I was leaving the spa was amazing and I would definitely have to go back to the spa again that evening Howie and I go see a movie while we are at the theater he doesn't try or anything or make any moves while any other guy would have but Howie was still with me and he would never hurt me I was ready for things to go back to normal again. That night Howie and I go to our room he looks at me then walks over and kisses me I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck he pushes me back on the bed and pulls off my shirt and start kissing down my neck I tug on his shirt and he pulls it off and throws it in the floor. He looks down at me "I love you Stacey." "I love you too Howie." I needed Howie I didn't realize how much I missed him the rest of the weekend is spent with us making up in bed many times and slowly fixing things between us and we take in everything else the hotel has to offer.

Mallory's POV

Nick follows me into the barn as I go to check on Diablo we walk in and I see Santana laying in her stall I walk in the stall she was going to deliver soon I find something to tie her tail with she gets up and starts pacing this could take a while. Nick and I sit in the floor and wait as it starts getting later the others start coming in to see what is taking so long, Kevin comes out with blankets and Vanessa brings us something to eat we eat and I start getting sleepy I lean over and lay my head on Nick's shoulder and go to sleep. I don't know how long I have been asleep when he starts shaking me and telling me to wake up I sit up and yawn then look in the stall she was getting ready to push. Nick and I both climb in the stall and as she starts pushing once I see the foal I grab it as she starts pushing and a few minutes later we have a new colt in the stall with us.

 Nick and I both climb in the stall and as she starts pushing once I see the foal  I grab it as she starts pushing and a few minutes later we have a new colt in the stall with us

Nick's POV

The colt in the hay is black just like the stallion peering over the wall of the stall next to us Diablo sired this colt and I could only hope this one wasn't as mean tempered as he is. I look over at Mallory and she has a small on her face as she watches a mini Diablo nurse for the first time "what are you going to name him?" She looks back at me "Taz for Tasmanian Devil since he's the Devil's son." We get up and walk out of the barn together if she was this happy about a horse being born I wondered how happy she would be when she became a mom.

Kevin's POV

I wake up and look over at Vanessa who is still sleeping I smile then start running my hand up and down her waist she lets out a sigh then wakes up and looks at me. "Good morning Kev." I kiss her and pull her close to me and she kisses back then wraps her arms around my neck I look at her "Do you want to go away this weekend I have a house boat we can stay out on the lake all weekend?" She looks at me then smiles and nods her head "I'd love to go with you this weekend." I roll on top of her then start kissing down her neck she runs her hands down my back I couldn't wait for this weekend with her just the two of us.

Vanessa's POV

Kevin and I leave Friday afternoon for the lake and we get there later on that evening Kevin loads all of our stuff on the boat then we head out on the lake as the sun starts to set I walk over and watch it sink over the water Kevin walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist if I could freeze any moment with Kevin it would be this one. That night after dinner Kevin and I sit together on the deck and look at the stars and take in the moment as the water gently rocks the boat I look over at Kevin as he looks over at me he kisses me then slowly pushes me back on the deck I kiss back then run my fingertips down his chest he runs his hands under my shirt I sit up and he pulls it off then tosses it away I kiss down his neck and run my hands through his hair he runs his hands down my waist we spend the whole night on the deck under the stars moving with each other. The next day Kevin and I go fishing and we talk about the things we like and don't like he tells me about his family he has brothers, and his dad died from colon cancer when he was younger that afternoon we play poker and I lose every game we play and he jokes about my poker skills for the rest of the day. During the remainder of the weekend I get to test Kevin's cooking skills and he is amazing at cooking and our nights are spent under the stars on the deck with each other.