Chapter 10

Stacey's POV

After looking through the house I walk outside to see if I can find Mallory. I look in the barn and she isn't there then walk back to house and notice that her car is gone I ask Vanessa if Mal said anything about her going somewhere she says no. I look up and notice Nick walking by "Hey Nick?" He looks at me "Yeah?" "Have you seen Mal?" He shakes his head then quickly walks off that was weird but not as weird as Mallory randomly disappearing. I walk back in the house and wonder where she went.

Vanessa's POV

I get off the porch and walk over to Mallory when she gets out of the car I look in her arms and she's holding a ball of black and white fur. I walk over and get closer and see that she had brought home a puppy it was a border collie "Aww Mal it's so cute." She smiles then reaches over and scratches the puppy's head "She's so cute Ness it's a girl." I start laughing as the puppy sits up in my arms and starts licking my face then Stacey walks outside and walks over to us. She looks at the puppy "Well hello there where did you come from?" I look at Stacey "Mal brought her home can we keep her?" Stacey smiles "yes we can keep her what's her name?" We all look at each other and I look at them "How about Ginger?" The both nod then Stacey starts rubbing Ginger's belly "I like it sounds good." We smile and stand there with our new addition to the farm a little longer. The ranch was starting to really feel like home.

 The ranch was starting to really feel like home

Kevin's POV

Work on rebuilding the barn begins a few days later Vanessa and I start by painting the door that wasn't completely damaged. The two of us are standing there painting I look at her and she's focused on what she's doing I flick my brush and a few drops of paint splatter on her she looks at me and I smile at her. A few seconds later she runs her brush down my arm leaving behind a streak of paint this leads to a paint war and a few seconds later we are both covered with paint. I drop my brush in the bucket of paint then wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her she kisses back and wraps her arms around my neck. After we do some more work on the door I watch her walk back toward the house and I see hand prints on her shirt from where I put my hands on her waist while we were kissing. I smile then put away the paint and brushes then start walking toward the bunk house.

Howie's POV

While Stacey and I are working on the inside of the barn on the walls and some of the stalls that were burned I notice that Stacey is being really quiet. I walk over to her "Stac are you okay I know this can't be easy for you." She takes a deep breath then looks at me "I just can't believe someone would burn down our barn this never happened to my grandfather." I never met him but I knew that the three of them didn't want to let him down while they were running the ranch he left them. I reach over and hold her hand then give it a squeeze and she looks up at me "You're not alone you don't have to do this by yourself I'm here to help you... I'm here for you Stacey." She smiles "Thank you Howie that means a lot." "You're welcome." I look down at our hands still joined together this felt right and I really liked Stacey.

Nick's POV

Mallory and I are working on the barn we haven't talked since the night of the fire and I knew she wanted to say something. She throws down the hammer then looks at me "You can't tell me what to do!!! I had every right to come in here for Diablo he's my horse!!! I appreciate the concern and all but I know what I'm doing." All I can do is smile at her I loved her fiery side and around me it seemed to come out a lot. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to be so forceful with you but I was worried about you." She rolls her eyes then looks at me "I accept your apology." She walks over and kisses me then wraps her arms around my neck and I feel her gently bite my bottom lip. I moan then pick her up and sit her on a pile of hay bales and start kissing down her neck. I knew I needed to stop before we got too carried away but even though this was wrong it felt really good.