Chapter 13

Vanessa's POV

I take a deep breath and walk in the living room and look down at my dress the top was red and the bottom was black and my shoes were black with red on the bottoms of them I hope Kevin liked it. I look up when Kevin walks in the room he smiles and walks over "Wow Ness you look amazing." I smile "Thank you Kevin." We drive over to the next town and go to a small romantic restaurant while we are eating Kevin and I take turns asking questions so we can get to know each other better. I ask him about his life and how long he has been friends with Nick and Howie, while we are walking out of the restaurant he reaches over and holds my hand I smile and we keep walking and end up at the park where there is a concert being held by a local band. We stand there for a while then he holds out his hand I take it and he wraps his arms around my waist then I wrap my arms around his neck and we start dancing. I look at him and he looks at me then we kiss and I lay my head on his chest Kevin was amazing and our date tonight had been perfect. I really liked Kevin and I definitely had feelings for him I was hoping that we would be able to go on another date soon.

 I really liked Kevin and I definitely had feelings for him I was hoping that we would be able to go on another date soon

Mallory's POV

I hope what I'm wearing isn't too simple for tonight I picked a black strapless top, jeans, some simple jewelry and my black and white cowboy boots Nick walks in the house and stops and I look at him. "What's wrong?" "Nothing you look great." "Thank Nick." We walk outside and I see one of the horses standing there Nick gets on first then I get on behind him I'm surprised when we get to the lake and he stops. He climbs off and we walk over by the lake there are dozens of candles surrounding a picnic blanket that has a basket in the center of it. While we are eating I'm surprised when Nick says he made all of the food I didn't know he was so such a good cook we talk about him for a while then he asks me questions about me. He gives me his opinions or thoughts on some of the stuff I say or he will ask for me to tell him more about it after we eat he leans over and turns on a radio which I haven't noticed until now we lay back on the blanket and look up at the stars. I reach over and hold his hand then he sits up and kisses me I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck, he runs his hands down my waist and I run my fingers through his hair. Tonight had been great and I was sure that I had feelings for Nick.

 Tonight had been great and I was sure that I had feelings for Nick

Stacey's POV

Howie and I are off to the side of the house doing the beginning part of the work for a garden we both look up when we hear a car pull up in the driveway. We put down our tolls then walk around the house and I stop when I see Josh getting out of his car I wonder why he came back I walk over with Howie following behind me Josh looks over at me and smiles. I look at him "what do you want?" He walks over "I want to talk to you about a few things privately." I don't move "Say what you need to." He looks around "First I want to buy the ranch and take it off your hands double the price I could make a fortune off this place." "What else do you want?" "I want to get back together it is time for you to come back home." I can't believe he would ask me that and I get even angrier than I did last time "I would never sell you this ranch it belongs to my family!!! and I'm never going to get back with you!!!!" The others must have heard me yelling because they start walking toward the house and a few minutes later they reach us and stand in a group around us. I look at Josh and see that he is wearing a familiar look he takes a step toward me and I take a step back toward Howie "I see what the deal is having a few good rolls in the hay with pretty boy huh glad to see that all of you recovered so well from the fire." I glance behind him and see a look cross Mallory's face she takes a step toward him "You son of a b..." Nick cuts her off then grabs her and puts his arms around her and keeps in her a tight grip so she can't get toward Josh. I turn back to Josh and look at him "I've told you we aren't going to sell the ranch and we aren't getting back together." He nods "I'll be back." then he gets in his car and leaves.