Chapter 38

Group POV

As the day continues the girls set things out and the guys fire up the grill their friend Leigh Anne arrives and everyone notices how her and Brian hit off right away. Once the food is done we spend the day laughing, eating and telling jokes with each other after lunch Brian and Leigh Anne go for a walk, Mallory and Nick curl up under a tree and doze for a bit, Stacey and Howie play a game of fetch with Ginger, Kevin and Vanessa start digging out the fireworks for later that night. Later that afternoon we go to the pond for a swim where we all laugh and joke some more we stay there until the sun starts setting then we go back to the house and play with Sparklers once the sun is completely gone we start shooting off fireworks and create a show of colors in the sky it had been a great day and we spent it together as a group.

 Later that afternoon we go to the pond for a swim where we all laugh and joke some more we stay there until the sun starts setting then we go back to the house and play with Sparklers once the sun is completely gone we start shooting off firework...

Nick's POV

Nick's POV

I walk in the kitchen and see Stacey with a load of vegetables from the garden she looks up at me "Hey Nick how can I help you?" I take a deep breath then pull off my hat "I wanted to talk to you about something." She nods then sits down "What's on your mind?" I take a deep breath "I love Mallory more than anything and I can see myself having a future with her I would like to propose to her." She looks at me "I like you Nick you're a good person, a hard worker and not only have you been helping on this ranch but you make Mallory happy she needs someone like you. If you feel like you're ready to propose I think you should do it you have my blessing." I smile then hug her and walk outside I had Stacey's blessing now there were a few more things I needed to do first was get a ring so I could ask Mallory to marry me the second thing I needed to do was go do a few things at my house in the mountains before we got married. For today though it was back to work.

Brian's POV

Today was my day to turn the horses out into the field which meant I was going to be working with Diablo all three of the guys had told me about this horse and they had described him as crazy, dangerous, evil, and Howie even said that the name suited the horse. I open the gate then take the lead rope off his neck he starts to gallop but he doesn't get far before he starts limping I walk over and lift up his leg and see that his hoof is bruised he would have to rest for a few days I feel a nose against my shoulder I put his leg down on the ground and look at him. "I know it hurts come on we will go fix you up but you're out of work for a few days." His large brown eyes go from me to the fence I look over and see Mallory standing there looking a little surprised I take him to the barn and wrap up his hoof then lead him into the stall then I walk out of the barn and meet Mallory. "His hoof is bruised he will have to rest a few days." "Diablo doesn't like many people you're the first person he's liked other than me." That surprised me and he was definitely not how the guys described him.

Kevin's POV

I pull off my shirt and lay it on the railing of a fence then go back to working on it I keep working until I hear Vanessa's voice. "Hey Kev." I look at her and walk over to her "Hey Ness." She meets my eyes and I see that hers are sparkling things were going well between us but since we had been back together we had been taking things slow we kissed but no hot meetings in the barn and we shared a bed and I loved having her in my arms but we weren't doing anything yet. She puts her hand on my shoulder "I was thinking we have a date tonight maybe a picnic by the pond?" I liked how that sounded we had all been so busy none of us had the chance to go out on a date. "Sure I'll be there." She kisses me and tugs on the band of my jeans then walks away.

Vanessa's POV

After we have our picnic by the pond we go for a walk I reach over and hold his hand then we sit down on the other side of a hill where you can't be seen from the house he looks over at me "I've really missed doing this with you Ness." I smile and lay my head on his shoulder "I've missed you Kevin I love you." He kisses my head "I love you too Ness." I lean over and start kissing down his neck he tilts his head back and lets out a moan I smile then kiss him and wrap my arms around his neck he kisses back and pushes me down in the grass and gets on top of me I run my hands under his shirt and slowly run them down his chest. He pulls off his shirt and I pull off mine and I feel heat rush through my body when his lips meet my skin my body craved Kevin I missed him and I know that we needed this once we are both out of our jeans he pulls me closer and I run my fingers through his hair now things were really back to normal between the two of us.