Chapter 8

Howie's POV

I was surprised with how things went after I kissed Stacey she kissed back so I thought things were good but I was wrong. Stacey had been ignoring me every time I tried to talk to her she walked away and she wouldn't look at me. I walk in the kitchen and see her at the counter I walk in the room and corner her. She turns around and looks at me then tries to leave the room but I block her path. "please talk to me Stacey tell me if I did anything wrong you kissed back I thought you liked me."

Stacey's POV

"I do like you Howie but I can't be involved with anyone I went through a terrible ordeal with my ex he cheated on me." I try to leave the subject at that but by the way Howie is looking at me he knows there is more to my story "What else did he do to you; you can trust me I won't tell anyone I promise." I take a deep breath then look at him "Josh was abusive he put me in the hospital." I start crying and I feel the tears running down my face "I'm afraid to give my heart to anyone I don't want that to happen again." He hugs me and wraps his arms around me and for the first time since I left Josh I feel safe.

Kevin's POV

I look up when Vanessa walks in the shed she smiles and I walk over to her then wrap my arms around her waist. She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me I kiss back and pull her to me for the past week we had been meeting in different place for a quick kiss here and there. I didn't want to cause trouble between Vanessa and her sisters and I definitely didn't want to lose my job because we were sneaking around together. I didn't know what we would label ourselves but I did know that I liked her.

Vanessa's POV

I liked Kevin a lot but for now the sneaking around was good we had been meeting all week in different places just for a kiss here and there I wasn't ready to tell Mal and Stacey about Kevin yet. I didn't know how they would feel plus Mal seemed really occupied with other things right now plus I didn't want Kevin to lose his job for what we were doing. For now, Kevin was my dirty little secret and sneaking around made things pretty hot between us so for now I wasn't going to say anything but I really do like Kevin even though I'm not sure what we are yet.

Stacey's POV

I hear the sound of breaking glass I get out of bed then walk in the hallway and see Mallory and Vanessa walking out of their rooms so whatever I heard they heard it too. The three of us start walking through the house to see if anyone broke in the house but we don't find anyone or any signs of glass we all walk in the kitchen at the same time and talk about the noise we heard. Mallory shrugs her shoulders then glances up at the window and her expression changes and fear shows on her face she bolts past the two of us then runs outside. Vanessa and I look at each other to the window and we see an orange in the direction of the barn and I realize that the barn is on fire.

Kevin's POV

I hear breaking glass then the horses start making a lot of noise in the barn I get up and step out of my room just as Howie walks out of his room. While we are walking through the house I look out the window, the barn was on fire I turn and look at Howie "Go get Nick tell him the barn is on fire." Howie nods and goes back upstairs I run outside just as Stacey and Vanessa make it to the barn we start filling up buckets of water Howie comes outside then runs in the barn to start getting the horses out.

Nick's POV

I run outside and look at the flames coming out of the barn I look around and see Howie with the horses. I look by the side of the barn and see Kevin, Stacey and Vanessa filling up buckets of water I walk over to Vanessa and look at her. "Where's Mallory?" She looks at me then back at the barn "She went in for Diablo and hasn't come back outside yet." I turn around and start looking to see if I can find her "Mal?" "Mallory!!" I go to step into the barn just as one of the doors goes up in a blaze I step back away from the heat then a few seconds later I see her. She's walking out with the horse behind her and she doesn't have a scratch on her but she is dirty I walk over to her and look down at her. "Are you crazy!!! you could have been hurt or a lot worse than that!!! that crazy horse isn't worth your life!!!" She looks up at me "I had to save him Nick." I'm happy that she is okay but at the same time I'm furious and I don't know if I should kiss her or if I want to murder her myself.