Chapter 16

Howie's POV

Stacey and I are out in the barn at the same time I look over at her "what are you looking for Stac?" She looks up at me "I'm trying to find the ladder I want to hang wind chimes." I walk over and give her a slight push "I don't know if a shorty like you can handle the ladder." She laughs and rolls her eyes then pushes me I walk over and try to help her find the ladder she takes a step in the hay then trips and falls back into me and I lose my balance and fall to and she lands on top of me. Our lips are inches apart then I kiss her and pull her down to me she kisses back then tugs on my shirt and I sit up then pull off my shirt. I get on top of her and run my hands under her shirt then she pulls it off

Stacey's POV

I wrap my arms around Howie's neck as he starts kissing down my neck I reach up and start running my hand down his chest and reach for his jeans. He stops kissing me and takes my hand I look at him and he's looking at me "I want to Stac I really do but not in the barn you deserve more than here in the hay." It didn't happen for us today but I know it would eventually I loved Howie and he loved me that is what mattered.

Kevin's POV

The next morning, I go out to the shed then take out the tractor and head to one of the fields while I'm driving I try to turn but nothing works. I look up and see a huge stump I keep hitting the brakes and grabbing different gears but nothing works I look at the ground and know jumping is my only way off this thing because I can't stop it. The stump keeps getting closer and I jump off the tractor and feel a sharp pain shoot through my ankle when I hit the ground, the tractor continues and hits the stump then tips over and lands upside down. I stand up and the pain shoots through my ankle my elbows are scraped up and my jeans at dirty and ripped.

Vanessa's POV

I look up when I see Kevin walking toward the house his jeans are ripped and I see blood on his arms. I quickly climb down the steps and walk over to him and we are joined by Nick and Howie "Kev what happened to you?" He looks at us "I was fixing to work on one of the fields but I couldn't get the tractor to stop I tried pushing everything but it wouldn't stop I had to jump off before it hit a stump and turned over." Kevin worked on that tractor for a month we bought new parts and everything it was running perfectly when he tested it so something didn't add up with this. He takes a step then hisses in pain "come on the house and we will look at your ankle." Howie looks at me "Nick and I are going to look at the tractor." The two of them start walking off and I help Kevin walk up the steps and into the house.

Nick's POV

Howie and I are able to get the tractor turned over so we can look at it Howie climbs up and starts looking to see if any gears jammed. I crawl under and start looking around everything looks normal until I find the brake line it had been cut both ends were jagged as if someone had taken a knife to it. This explained why Kevin couldn't stop "Hey Howie come down here and look at this." He climbs down and I crawl out then he looks under it and a few minutes later he is standing next to me. "Someone cut the brake on the tractor Nick," I look at him "we need to check the shed and look at cameras then talk to Kevin and call the sheriff." Howie nods and we start walking toward the bunk house.

Howie's POV

While Nick and I are watching the videos I have him replay the one from the shed we watch it and see someone walking around the shed then they crawl under the tractor a few minutes later they disappear. The problem is you can't see who the person is but it was proof that someone had been around the tractors I take a deep breath because of what we need to do next. I look at Nick "we need to talk to Kevin." He looks at me and nods then we start walking to the house.

Kevin's POV

I try to keep my temper in control but I'm beyond mad I know there was nothing wrong with that tractor I know exactly what happened someone did something to the tractor. I had a good idea Stacey's ex came back and managed to not been seen this guy was dangerous I look at Vanessa and our eyes meet I was afraid for her and that something might happen. I knew I was in love with her I had fallen for her I reach over and start running my hands through her hair and she looks up at me and I look at her "I love you Ness." She smiles then wraps her arms around my neck I go to kiss her but we pull apart when the door opens and Nick and Howie walk in the kitchen. Howie looks at me "Nick and I watched the videos and we did see someone in the shed but you can't tell who it is." I turn and look at Nick "what about the tractor?" He takes a deep breath "The brake line was cut someone took a knife to it that's why you couldn't stop." I look over at Vanessa "Get your sisters we need to call the sheriff."