Chapter 88

One month later

Vanessa's POV

I had the table all set for dinner tonight was special I had a big surprise for Kevin I was pregnant I had known for a few weeks and I had been thinking of a great way to tell him and I thought dinner would be a good idea. He walks in the house late that evening covered in sweat and dirt but he still looked good he walks over to me and kisses my head "Smells good I'll go shower then we can eat." I nod "Sounds good." He leaves the room and I start putting food on the table about twenty minutes later when I put the roast on the table Kevin walks back in the room we sit down and start eating. I was a little nervous but I knew he would be happy, after dinner I bring out a cake and place a small box next to Kevin he looks up then opens it "Are we?" I nod "I'm pregnant." He stands up and hugs me "I can't believe this!!" I smile at his reaction he was happy.

Kevin's POV

I couldn't believe this I was thrilled I was going to be a father I was ready for this after seeing Nick and Howie with their kids I knew I was ready for that in my life. Vanessa puts dinner away and goes to start the dishes I walk over and wrap my arms around her "Wait until tomorrow let's celebrate." She smiles then turns off all the lights then we go up to our bedroom I shut the door and lay her back on the bed I kiss her and she kisses back. I slowly undress her then pull off my clothes I kiss down her neck then put my hand on her stomach and look down at her "I love you so much I'm so happy right now." "I'm happy too Kev." I kiss her again then pull her to me and for the rest of the night I show her how much I love her and we celebrate our baby.

Mallory's POV

I was in the kitchen with Stacey, Vanessa, Kayla and Leigh Anne helping make breakfast the heat was unbearable I had already opened the windows and turned on the air but that wasn't stopping the sweat running down my body. I feel a sharp pain and take a deep breath then go back to stirring the pancake mix only to feel a sharper pain then I hear water hitting the floor and I feel my shorts get wet the girls all stop and look at me Stacey leaves the room then she comes back a few minutes later with Nick he walks over to me and I look at him "It's time the baby is coming now!!!!" I feel a contraction rip through my body I grab Nick's hand and squeeze until it's over. He looks at me "We will go to the hospital just take a deep breath okay? I nod he helps me outside into his truck then we leave for the hospital.

Nick's POV

I stand next to Mallory's bed and try to help as much as I can I let hold my hand, I move her hair and I even wash her face with a cold cloth the doctor looks at the two of us. "A few more pushes and the two of you can meet your baby." I kiss the side of Mal's neck "Almost there you can do this." She pushes then lays her head back against the pillows "Another push?" She pushes and squeezes my hand and I feel my wedding ring dig into my finger. "Last push." She pushes and lets out a scream then a loud cry fills the room "It's a boy." I had a son my little buddy someone to play football with a few minutes later he's in my arms I look down him and smile then I lay him in Mal's arms. "What's his name?" "Jackson Barrett Carter." I had a son, a daughter, and a beautiful wife life was good.

" I had a son, a daughter, and a beautiful wife life was good