Chapter 77

Kevin's POV

Everyone was gathered in the kitchen sitting around the table discussing our visitors from earlier today I knew Mr. Lincoln I knew how ruthless he could be. We were all calm from his earlier visit except Mal who was still mad about him calling the girls little ladies I look at everyone "When he comes back we all need to watch it he's been known to do whatever it takes to get what he wants." Howie looks at me "He could offer a million dollars if he wants he's not getting this ranch." Nick nods in agreement. I knew how Mr. Lincoln worked I had seen him take or buy other ranches I had worked on "I could be overreacting I just want everyone to have a heads up." They all nod then Mallory goes upstairs and Nick follows her and I wonder what the two of them were up to.

Mallory's POV

Nick and I are standing in the bathroom we had been trying for another baby for almost two months and I had decided to take another test today. The hard part was waiting for the results I look at Nick and he reaches over then holds my hand Nick being with me helped me feel less nervous I knew how much this meant to him and I really wanted another baby the timer goes off then Nick looks at me I take a deep breath then walk over to the counter and pick up the test. It was negative I feel a huge wave of disappointment wash through me I sigh then look down at the floor and run my hands through my hair I wanted it to be positive Nick walks over and wraps his arms around me I lay my head on his chest and I feel him kiss my head. "It's okay Mal when the time is right we will have another baby." I nod and hope that Nick was right.

" I nod and hope that Nick was right

Nick's POV

I knew that Mal was upset about the test being negative I knew what she needed I take her hand then lead her into our bedroom she looks up at me when I shut the door behind me. I walk over and kiss her she kisses back and wraps her arms around my neck I wanted to make her feel better I pick her up and lay her on the bed and pull off her shirt she grabs mine then pulls me down to her and kisses me I kiss back then start kissing down her neck she moans and arches her back I smile against her skin. She tugs on my shirt I pull it off then throw it in the floor she unzips my jeans and starts tugging them down my hips I pull them off then take off her shorts. I love Mal and it didn't matter to me if we had a second baby or not our life was perfect right now I had everything I ever wanted.

Kevin's POV

We are all outside on the porch when Mr. Lincoln and two of his others come back it had been one week now he was going to make us another offer when they start walking over to us we all step off the porch. He looks at us "I've been thinking over the past week I'll go up twenty-five thousand from my last offer and all of you boys can stay here and continue working I need good workers like you." Brian speaks up "The Girls?" He looks at Brian "The ladies can stay home relax take it easy and take care of the little ones." Mallory steps forward and pushes Brian out of the way "Listen you pushy money loving bastard my sisters and I can work this ranch just as well as any man can this ranch is not for sale now leave." He gives Mallory a cold glare and she narrows her eyes at him "You'll regret that missy I'll have this ranch." He turns with his two workers then they get in the truck and leave.

Aaron's POV

I toss and turn for two hours trying to get some sleep but I just can't I open the window to my rim to let in the night air but I'm still not able to fall asleep. I sigh then go outside and sit on the porch and look up at the night sky it was peaceful out here the only noise was coming from the chirping crickets and the few noises from the cows and horses in the fields I hear footsteps behind me I look over when Kayla sits down next to me she gives me a small smile then looks at the stars she looked beautiful. She looks over at me "Can't sleep?" I nod "Yeah what about you?" She nods "I kept tossing and turning I couldn't get comfortable." We sit and look at the stars then I hear her voice "Aaron?" I kiss her and she kisses back I run my hands under her shirt she looks up at me "Let's take this inside." I nod then we go inside and go to my room.