Chapter 22

Howie's POV

Everything is almost back to normal we don't have to worry about Josh anymore everything feels lighter now we are still staying in the house since we are all in relationships. I'm worried about Stacey though her bruises are gone but she has put her walls back up she's jumpy when I go to kiss her or touch her and at night she sleeps facing away from me on her side of the bed. I'm afraid that what we have is going to end with her going back to how she was I live her and all I want is to do something to help her.

Kevin's POV

Ness was better her bruises were gone and she was healed from her concussion as well. It felt good that we weren't having to sneak around anymore Stacey and Mallory didn't have a problem with us being together and Mallory and I were somewhat friends now that I had taken down all the security cameras. Nick definitely had his hands full with her but he seemed to know how to keep her calm everything was going great and we were all happy.

Nick's POV

I'm pacing back and forth in front of Mallory "It was foolish and dangerous for you to jump out of the window I don't care how many times you have done it!!!!" She rolls her eyes then sighs "I thought you would be more upset about me jumping the fence." I look at her "That's another thing you could have broke your neck or Diablo's jumping that fence even though it was an emergency you and that horse are crazy and one day that might get you hurt!!!!l she rolls her eyes again then walks over to me "You would have done the same thing if it was you Nick!!!" You don't have to worry about me all the time!!! I love you and I know that you care but you have to trust me." She is so stubborn sometimes I grab her by her waist and kiss her then she kisses back.

Howie's POV

I have a feeling that this last deal with Josh has changed things between me and Stacey I never wanted this to happen things used to be great between us. I feel invisible she's been ignoring me I can't touch her without her pulling away from me I think that if we were able to go away for a romantic weekend it would help the two of us get close again. With Stacey having her walls back up I knew I was going to need some help getting her to talk to me and convincing her to be alone with me and there were two people who might be able to help me and that would be her sisters I just hoped that Mallory and Vanessa would go with my idea. I walk out in the barn and see Mallory grooming Diablo she looks at me "Hi Howie how are you?" I walk over and sit on a hay bale "Mal Can I talk to you it's about Stacey and me? She looks at me and nods "Yeah go ahead what's up? "So you have probably noticed that things are different between me and Stacey now I want to take her on a romantic getaway but I was wondering if you and Ness might help me out and kind of talk to her about it?" She looks at me "I can tell that you really care about my sister so yeah I'll help you out." I get up and smile "Thanks Mallory." I step forward and go to hug her but Diablo snorts then stomps his foot down just inches from where mine are never mind on that then. I walk out of the barn and walk around looking for Vanessa until I find her in the garden I walk over and start helping her pick vegetables "Can I ask you something?" She looks over at me "Sure what's on your mind Howie?" "Things are different between me and Stacey now and I want to take her on a romantic getaway I'm really worried about her will you help me please?" She nods her head and smiles "Yeah I'll do whatever you need me to do." "Thank you Vanessa." I get up and start walking off feeling confident with Mallory and Vanessa on my side Stacey might agree to go with me on this romantic weekend that I have planned for us.

Stacey's POV

I look up when Mallory and Vanessa walk in the kitchen and both of them sit on the kitchen counter Mallory grabs an apple "we want to talk to you." This could be a good or a bad thing "what's up?" Vanessa looks at me "Howie talked to us and we think that you and him should go on a romantic getaway he's a great guy don't let Josh ruin this." I look at them "I don't want to talk about it I do care about Howie but I just can't." Mallory looks at me "you can be happy with Howie go with him if you don't want anything to happen he won't force you give him a chance it will be good for you to get out he's worried about you." I sigh then nod and they both walk out of the room they were right I needed to talk to Howie." I walk outside and find Howie he looks up when he sees me walking over to him "I'll go with you for this trip and I appreciate everything that you are doing." He smiles "we're going to have a great time this weekend." I nod my head I hope this would go well and work out.