Chapter 37

Stacey's POV

I give Mallory enough time to calm down then pull Kevin and Vanessa over to the side I look at Kevin "I'm sorry what she said and how she reacted you can hire Brian we do need the help." Kevin looks at me and nods I sigh then look at Vanessa "I know things aren't okay between the two of you right now but it's time to settle things she can't be at your throat all the time we all need to get along we have this ranch to run." Vanessa nods then I address the two of them as a couple "The two of you really need to go talk to her and try to fix this let her talk to you so she can say how she feels because she hasn't and she will keep it all in." They both nod then walk out of the house so they can go talk to Mallory things needed to go back to normal where everyone was getting along because Kevin and Vanessa were back together so it was time for all the fighting and drama to stop.

Mallory's POV

Kevin and Vanessa walk outside and I sigh they probably wanted to talk to me I didn't want to but we might as well do this now. Kevin looks at me and the image of choking him appears in my head "I'm sorry for everything Mal for hurting Ness, and for fighting with Nick I shouldn't have done all of that." Vanessa takes a step toward me "We want to get past this and move forward how can we do that?" "That's it then you just apologize and expect it all to be okay? You got in a fight with Nick and beat him up, you put our animals in danger being drunk all the time." I turn and look at Vanessa "You left me you were my best friend and you just took off and moved in with some bad boy who was tattoos and a motorcycle you hurt me too!!!" Kevin looks at me "I'm sorry for hurting Nick and being drunk but I'm done with all of the drinking I promise." Vanessa starts crying "I'm sorry I left you and hurt you." I take a deep breath then look at Kevin and Vanessa "I'm sorry for how I've been acting and I forgive you."

Brian's POV

I had gotten a call from my cousin Kevin telling me about a job at a ranch he was working on and they could use the help I agree to come visit I loaded all of my stuff into my truck and now here I was. I get out and Kevin walks over to me "It's good to see you again bro." "It's good to see you too Kev show me around this place." Kevin and I start walking around the place was big enough, he showed me the cows the could sell over fifty of them and still have enough for them in the future we go to the horses next the mares looked good, the foals will be ready to be sold soon in a few months but they could use a few more stallions I only saw one. I liked what I was seeing "The girls are wanting to add in a few orchards, we have a garden behind the house, some corn fields not far from here the girls pay you and you get a room and board for free you would be staying in the bunk house." We walk in the barn and I see a black horse in one of the stalls now there were two stallions I start to walk over to the horse "Bro don't do that he's crazy." I reach over the bars and start running my hand down his neck I was worried about Kevin's definition of crazy I look over at Kevin. "I'll take the job." "That's great Brian come to the house and you can meet the girls Nick and Howie are probably there already." "Sounds good." I start following Kevin toward the house. Then look over at him "So are any of these girls available?" He looks at me "No they're not they're with us I'm with Vanessa, Howie is with Stacey and Nick is with Mallory I nod and we step into the house.

 Then look over at him "So are any of these girls available?" He looks at me "No they're not they're with us I'm with Vanessa, Howie is with Stacey and Nick is with Mallory I nod and we step into the house

Nick's POV

The fourth of July was a few days after we hired Brian who was outside with me helping set up tables for the cook out we were having later I look over at him when we put another table out "So what do you think of working out here?" He stops then pulls off his shirt and lays it on a chair. "It's a big place and there is a lot of work to do but I haven't been here that long I'm going to have to get used to this." I nod and we put out another table "What do you think about the girls?" He shrugs "I don't know them that well." We finish putting out the tables then we both sit down "Stacey is the one dating Howie she's the oldest out of the three sisters she's really nice and she tries to keep the peace between everyone." He nods "Howie and Stacey got it who's next?" "Vanessa is the youngest she's dating Kevin she's kind of quiet actually and she's nice to everyone." Brian nods "Kevin and Vanessa what about you?" I look over at Mallory walking out of the house "She's mine that's Mallory she's the middle of the three sisters she's funny, she loves her horse Diablo more than anything she's jumped over a fence riding him and she jumps out of windows she's wild and crazy plus she has one hell of a temper but she's perfect." Brian coughs "Very poetic Shakespeare would be proud of you Nick." I push him then we laugh and go see what else needs to be done.