Chapter 74

Brian's POV

I was sitting on the porch when Nick comes walking up he has a plate he walks over and sits down next to me then holds out the plate "Want a cookie?" I nods I didn't see a problem with it the food wasn't done cooking yet so a cookie or two wouldn't hurt I grab Oreos off the plate and let Nick have the rest. I pick the cookie then take a bite out of it then gag and spit them out they weren't regular Oreos Nick had traded out the cream for toothpaste he jumps up then takes off running I grab the other one then start chasing him finally I catch him by the barn then I tackle him. He's laughing so it's easy to shove the Oreo in his mouth he sits up then spits it out I walk away but something told me this prank war wasn't over with yet.

Group POV

We were all gathered around a long table outside getting ready to eat we were all laughing and joking with each other today had been a lot of fun all of us sitting and spending time together. Kevin was at the head of the table with Vanessa next to him, then Brian with Leigh Anne, Howie with James in his lap and Stacey sitting next to him on the other side of the table was Nick with Mallory sitting next to him with Aurora in her arms then Aaron and Kayla sitting together Kevin stands up and everyone looks up at him. "I'd just like to make a toast to our future I hope we have another successful year her and I hope we all continue to grow together as a family." H nods toward Howie and Stacey "I hope we continue to grow with this ranch as we work here every day." He nods toward Brian. "I also hope we continue to grow in all of the relationships we have formed." He nods toward Nick and Mallory our future was looking great.

Aaron's POV

I had been sent inside for something then I hear Nick's voice "Hey Aaron come here I need your help with something." I sigh then walk through the house back to the door. I open the door and step outside on the porch and get covered with water and a bucket hits the porch Nick had pranked me I look up at him and he's laughing I jump off the porch and Nick starts running I start chasing him and I wasn't going to stop until I got my payback. Nick jumps the fence at the cow pasture I jump it behind him finally I catch him then give him a hard shove he falls and lands in a fresh pile of cow dung he stands up and his clothes are covered in brown I jump the fence then walk back to the house laughing.

Group POV

Late that afternoon we were all in the pond swimming and laughing Nick had gone inside and showered then came back and joined us. Howie had James in his arms Nick had Aurora Nick takes her over by Howie and she looks at him "Owie." He looks at her then she slaps the water and ends up splashing him her and James both think it's funny then the two of them start laughing which makes everyone laugh. Kevin and Vanessa were off to the side being incredibly mushy today lots of hugging and a whole lot of kissing each other it was cute but disgusting too we stay in the pond for hours until Aurora lets out a yawn a few minutes later James does the same thing Kayla takes James and goes to the bunkhouse. Mallory gets out of the pond then her and Nick take Aurora inside to put her down for a nap.

Group POV

That night we were all gathered outside having a bonfire it had cooled down some but it was still a warm summer night each couple was spread out around the fire. Howie was sitting by Stacey, James was with Kayla and Aaron on the other side of the fire, Brian and Leigh Anne were sitting by Kevin and Vanessa then there was Mallory and Nick was sitting next to her. Aaron gets up then starts shooting off the fireworks we had, Aurora and James look at the bright colors and their eyes become round at the bright colors in the sky later when we run out of fireworks we all start playing music Nick pulls his guitar out of the case then he starts playing. James and Aurora fight sleep the stay up past their bed times but not much longer because sleep ends up winning with Nick playing and the soft humming of their mothers they fall asleep under the trees on the ranch.