Chapter 80

Kevin's POV

Everyone stays and visits with Ness until a nurse comes in to tell tem visiting hours are over they all go home but I insist on staying. I just wanted to be close to Ness tonight even though I could only hold her hand I didn't want to hurt her or add to any of the injuries that she had gotten from the accident I look over at her sleeping I was so relieved that she was going to be okay and she would be getting to go home depending on wat the doctor said in the morning. I had the scare of my life today I thought I had lost her when she was laying there not answering me I can't live without her so I wasn't going to leave her side until we got to go home. I thank the nurse after she brings a bed into the room I lay down then look over at Ness and yawn then fall asleep a few minutes later.

Group POV

Vanessa comes home from the hospital a few days later Stacey and Kayla had been in the kitchen all day working on a special dinner. Kevin helps Vanessa sit down on a couch in the living room then goes to help the guys outside Mallory walks in the house with Aurora and James so they can play Aurora picks up one of her toys then holds it out for Vanessa she smiles then takes it and puts the toy in her lap. We were celebrating Vanessa being at home tonight she was luck and all of us were really happy that she was back at home.

Kevin's POV

Vanessa has been home for a few days we had been staying in the house with the other until she had healed from the accident the guys and I were doing some repairs on the steps and railings of the porch. A truck pulls up in the driveway we all look up when we hear footsteps it was Mr. Lincoln he had the nerve to come back here after her cause Vanessa's accident we all stand up and meet him before he can get close to the house he looks at us. "Gentleman it's good to see all of you again have you changed your mind about my offer?" I clench my fist then look at him "The ranch isn't for sale I know you did you need to leave." He looks behind me and sees Mallory standing behind Nick "There's the little lady who's the good shot." I take a step toward him then her, Nick and Howie get ready to step in. I grab him by the shirt and look him in the eye when I speak my voice is quiet and menacing "Leave! Now!" He looks at me and the three people behind me he looks away then gets in his truck and leaves. We all knew he wouldn't be back to cause any trouble.

Aaron's POV

I walk in the bunkhouse and see Kayla putting James down for a nap we haven't had the chance to talk with everyone being so busy. She walks over to me and I look at her "Can we talk please?" She nods then we walk out of the room I look down at her "I really like you Kayla I have feelings for you that night meant something to me I want to know how you feel." She takes a deep breath then looks at me. "I need to know where we are Aaron I have feelings for you and that night meant something to me too but I need to think about James too." We needed to think about what to do next I knew she was having to take James into consideration I thought he was a great kid. I look at her "I really want this relationship Kayla I'm ready for this." She looks surprised then smiles "I'm ready for this too I want a relationship with you Aaron." I kiss her and wrap my arms around her waist then she kisses back.

Vanessa's POV

With most of my injuries healed now I had been doing a few rehab exercises every day to help get back on my feet and working on the ranch faster. Kevin was doing great with this he would me and encourage me whenever I thought I couldn't handle it anymore he was my rock I don't know what I would have done without him the last few weeks I appreciated him and loved him even more than I thought was possible. We had talked about different things the ranch, funny things and the weather today I wanted to get serious and talk about our wedding. "I've been thinking about our wedding; I want it to be in the Fall outside in the gazebo in the backyard." He walks over and wraps his arms around my waist "That sounds perfect Ness I love it." He liked my idea which mean I only had a few weeks to plan our wedding.