Chapter 7

Mallory's POV

After Ness and Stacey go to bed I wait for a few hours then find a bathing suit and throw on some shorts and a shirt over it once during one of our summer visits I found a lake and I would always go for a swim at night. I grab some shoes then put them on, turn on my light then walk over to the window and open it then climb out on the roof then look back in and make sure no one heard me open the window. I walk over and look down I had done this many times but it had been awhile since the last time I did this I jump and smile to myself when I land on my feet I was feeling pleased with myself because I still had it.

 I walk over and look down I had done this many times but it had been awhile since the last time I did this I jump and smile to myself when I land on my feet I was feeling pleased with myself because I still had it

Nick's POV

I'm sitting outside on the porch of the bunk house listening to the soft noises of the crickets and the cows and horses then I look up at the stars in the sky. I look over at the house when I see a light come on the window opens I roll my eyes when I see Mallory walk out on the roof she couldn't be thinking about jumping. A few seconds later she lands on the ground I get up walk over and start following her "Where are you off to?" She jumps then turns around and looks at me "I'm going swimming." I scoff "You're still reckless!! it's easy to get hurt here at night there could be snakes." She rolls her eyes "I've done this before at night and no snakes." She turns around and keeps walking I grab her arm and pull her to me "You and that horse are just alike you're both crazy but if you want wild I'll give you wild princess." I pull her to me then kiss her and wrap my arms around her she grabs a fistful of my shirt and tries to pull away but I don't loosen my grip on her. I pull away then walk back to the bunk house.

Howie's POV

The next morning while the guys and I are eating breakfast in the house I can't help but notice things were tense in the kitchen. When Mallory walks in the room Nick looks at her and almost knocks the table over in his to stand up when he sits back down I look at him and he shakes his head at me. When Mallory is walking over to her seat she brushes up against Nick and his hand clinches into a fist he couldn't still be mad that her horse chased us could he? We start eating and he keeps looking at her every few seconds there was something weird going on for sure.

Vanessa's POV

I don't know what the deal is with Mallory during breakfast but she's acting strange when she walks in the kitchen and sees Nick sitting at the table her eyes get wide when he looks up at her. She brushes up against him then quickly sits down across the table from him while we are eating I keep watching them he will look at her and she will look at him if they do it at the same time they quickly look away from each other. I don't think Mal had a problem with Nick and he was nice to me and Stacey so I don't understand why he would have a problem with Mal. I wondered what happened between them to make them act so strange this morning.

Kevin's POV

I finish up then walk out of the shed and bump into Vanessa as she's walking the shed. I wrap my arms around her to keep her from falling and she puts her hand on my chest her lips inches from me I lean in and kiss her and she doesn't try to pull away. She puts her other hand on the back of my neck then pull away and look at her she smiles and I smile back then she gives me a quick kiss before turning and walking out the shed. I take off my hat and run my hand through my hair I don't know if that meant anything but I liked kissing Vanessa.

Vanessa's POV

While I'm walking the shed Kevin bumps into me as he's walking out he wraps his arms around me and I put my hand on his chest. I look up at him then he kisses me I'm surprised but I put one of my hands on the back of his neck he pulls away and I smile at him he smiles back then releases me I give him a quick kiss then turn around and walk out of the shed. I couldn't believe that Kevin kissed me he was really good looking and I liked him I smile to myself when I think about the kiss then I keep walking back to the house.

Stacey's POV

Howie and I are working on some fences by the lake that sits close to the ranch it was hot I stand up and wipe the sweat off my forehead and Howie looks at me. "How about a break?" I nod my head and take off my boots and socks then roll up my jeans and get in the water he laughs at me "Can't do better than that Stac?" He pulls off his boots and shirt I get a good look at his chest before he dives in the water. He walks over then picks me up and tosses me in the water I come up and try to grab him so I can dunk him under but I can't. He looks at me then kisses me I pull away I can't let this happen not now he pulls me closer and I give in then kiss him back I wrap my arms around his neck and I feel the warmth of him through my wet clothes.

Mallory's POV

A few days later I'm in the barn with Diablo thinking about the kiss that took place the other night I hear footsteps and look up then see Nick walk in he's been ignoring me ever since he kissed me. He sees me then turns around and walks back out of the barn and something inside me snaps he was going to talk to me whether he liked it or not I walk after him and grab his shoulder then he turns around and looks at me. I look up at him "What the hell is your problem you kiss me then walk away and leave me in the dark now you won't even look at me if the kiss was that bad for you tell me!!!!"

Nick's POV

I turn around and look at her she was angry and her eyes were a dark shade of green "The kiss wasn't bad in fact I want to kiss you again, again and again." With every word I say I take a step toward her until we are touching before I can say anything she grabs me by my shirt and kisses me. I kiss back and pull her closer then she wraps her arms around my neck I feel one of her hands on my shoulder and with her free hand she pulls off my hat the way she kissed was passionate, hot and fiery like her and I knew that I was in trouble.