Chapter 55

Vanessa's  POV

I roll over and reach out for Kevin but feel an empty bed I sit up and the house is silent except for Nick and Mallory's muffled voices in the nursery. I get out of bed put on some shoes then start walking to the spot where Kevin and I had decided to build our house I look up and the moon is a tiny sliver among a sea of stars the closer I get I begin to hear noises and it's the sound of a hammer hitting wood. I keep walking and I find Kevin still working on the house I walk up behind him "Kev it's late you don't have to finish the house tonight." He turns around and looks at me "Ness what are you doing out? It's late and It's cold go back to the house I'll be there soon." I sigh and wrap my arms around his waist then lay my head against his chest "Please Kev I miss you come to bed." He kisses my head "Okay I'll come to bed I'll get back to work tomorrow." We go back to the house and Kevin changes then gets in bed he falls asleep he was working too hard but I knew he wanted to finish the house I get in bed then curl up against him and I fall asleep a few minutes later.

Group POV

We all get busy with the arrival of new animals being born along with helping Kevin build his house one of our mares had already surprised and had given birth to twin fillies. The extra land was starting to become helpful as we separate the expectant animals from their herds in one field we had our expecting cows in the other we had our expecting mares within the next few months the ranch would be full of new additions it was a time of new life.

 The extra land was starting to become helpful as we separate the expectant animals from their herds in one field we had our expecting cows in the other we had our expecting mares within the next few months the ranch would be full of new additions...

Stacey's POV

With all of the new life coming to the ranch including the calves, the new foals being born plus Aurora being the center of attention I start sinking into a depression. Howie adored Aurora and he would hold her anytime Nick or Mallory gave him the chance and I knew that he was starting think about having our own babies I was going to have to tell him the news soon but I couldn't do that to him and I couldn't bring myself to tell him. That was what bothered me the most that I couldn't tell him it would kill Howie to know he could never have a family he wouldn't get the chance to play with our children or put them in their crib at night I sigh then sit down I was afraid that Howie would be angry and he might leave once I told him I hope he wouldn't but at the same time I would understand if he did. I wouldn't tell him today but I would have to gather up the courage and tell Howie the news and I hope that he took the news well.

Vanessa's POV

I put the blanket on the ground then sit down and start playing with Aurora I hold her up and let her feet touch the soft green grass she's hesitant at first then she starts babbling and cooing in delight. I glance over and see Ginger watching close by she had become increasingly protective since Aurora had been born and at night she would sleep by her crib I lay Aurora down on the blanket and tickle her nose with my long hair she lets out a small squeal and starts playing with her tiny toes. I sit and start telling her a story I don't know if she listens but she does look up at me so I assume she does a shadow appears over us I look up and see Kevin he sits on the blanket next to us. "Where's Mal and Nick?" "Mal had to go back to the doctor today." He nods then picks up Aurora "How are you today princess?" She makes a few noises at him then ends it with a high pitched noise I guess she was trying to make a point about something. Kevin smiles then starts singing to her she lays her head against his shoulder and I look at her a few minutes later she's fallen asleep in Kevin's arms.

Mallory's POV

Once my appointment is over I start walking back to the waiting room and let Nick know we could leave he had decided to give me some privacy so everything could be checked out he didn't have to but I understood. Everything looked good I had been cleared to go back to work on the ranch and I had been cleared for other things too the six-week wait was now over with but I wasn't sure on how I should tell Nick I find him then we go get in the truck and start our trip home. He looks over at me "Is everything okay?" I nod 'Yeah everything is good he cleared me to go back to work." I didn't tell him the other because I was afraid it would be really awkward between the two of us Nick had been the one to deliver our daughter he said he still wanted me and that I drove him crazy but once we actually got to do it and he saw my body again would he still want to. I take a deep breath then glance over at Nick he was tense and it was because of the closeness in the truck I wanted him I just wasn't sure on how to let him know that.