Chapter 79

Group POV

We make it down to the road where traffic has come to a stop there are cop cars and ambulances are everywhere Kevin runs over to the truck and looks at Vanessa. "Ness come on baby please wake up." The paramedics walk over and try to get him to move where they can load Vanessa into the ambulance but he won't move Nick and Howie walk over to him and pull him back away from the truck with him fighting them the whole time they place Vanessa on the stretcher then load her into the ambulance Nick and Howie let Kevin go so he can ride in the ambulance with her to the hospital. The ambulance pulls away leaving all of us standing there in silence we didn't know what to do next.

Group POV

When we reach the hospital Kevin is already in the waiting room pacing back and forth Stacey walks over to him "How is she Kev?" He looks up at her "They aren't sure yet she lost a lot of blood and there's a lot of damage too." Stacey sits down and looks at the floor Howie walks over and sits down next to her he holds her hand and kisses her head we were all worried especially since the doctors weren't sure yet and Ness wasn't doing so well. We all sit in the waiting room then look at Nick who was propped up against the wall we look around the wall and notice that someone is missing. Stacey looks at Nick "I thought Mal was riding with you." He shakes his head "She said she was going to check on Aurora then come to the hospital." Maybe she would show up soon.

Mallory's POV

I go in the house and check on Aurora I pick her up then kiss her head I give her a bottle then sit in the nursery and rock her to sleep her tiny hand tangled into my hair. I give her a few more minutes to make sure she's asleep then I lay her down in her crib then I walk downstairs and find Kayla sitting in the living room she looks up at me. "Do you think Ness will be okay?" I take a deep breath then sigh "I hope so I'm on my way to the hospital now could you watch Aurora? She's sleeping for now." Kayla smiles "Of course let me know how everything goes." I nod then walk outside. I walk out to the truck open the door then stop I feel my stomach roll then I start throwing up I stop but a few minutes later it happens again I take a few deep breaths then get in the truck and start the drive to the hospital

Group POV

It was late that night and we were still in the waiting room hoping to hear from news on Ness, Nick and Mallory had fallen asleep in the hard hospital chairs and were using each other as pillows. Howie and Stacey were sitting together with some coffee out of the machine Kevin was still pacing Aaron, Brian and Leigh Anne had gone home after being told numerous times it was okay and they needed some sleep the door opens and the doctor walks in the room Kevin looks up then Howie and Stacey wake up Mallory and Nick. We all walk over to the doctor "She's doing better we gave her a blood transfusion her injuries will take a few weeks to heal no heavy physical activity for six weeks." Mallory cuts him off "Is she awake and can we see her?" "Of course yes she's awake she's in room 212" We leave the waiting room then take the elevator to the second floor.

Vanessa's POV

There's a knock on my door then everyone walks in the room Kevin walks over to the bed then sits down and kisses me I kiss back the contact hurt my busted lip but it was a good kind of pain. Stacey and Mallory both hug me I look at Mallory and she didn't look so good she looked pale and I wondered if it might just be the bad lighting in the hospital room Howie looks at me. "We're glad you're okay Ness." I smile "Thank you Howie." I look at Kevin and meet his eyes. "What did the doctor say?" Kevin looks at me "They gave you a blood transfusion, your injuries will take several weeks to heal and no activity for six weeks." I was lucky that was all that was wrong with me it could have been a lot worse I did hate that I wouldn't be able to help out on the ranch for six weeks though.