Chapter 15

Vanessa's POV

Kevin and I start walking in the house to go inside during the hottest part of the day I look behind me and see Mallory coming from the field that contains Diablo and Nick walks out of the barn. We all step on the porch and walk in the house but stop when we see Howie and Stacey standing in the kitchen he looks like he was in a fight with someone Kevin walks over to him "what happened to you Howie?". Stacey looks at us "Josh came back and tried to make me go with him they got in a fight and Howie broke his nose before he left Josh told Howie he would regret doing that." When she says that I notice a few different things that happen the first is I see fear on Stacey's face and I can tell she is scared I see Howie look up at her and they share a glance. Then I glance at Mallory her body is tense and Nick has moved closer to her but they aren't touching I look up at Kevin and even though his eyes are on me his expression is unreadable I know that he is thinking about something.

Kevin's POV

I gather everyone around the table and stand at the head of it I look around and take a deep breath before I start. "Josh continues coming back and now that he has plans for Howie we need to increase the security on the ranch". Mallory looks up at me "Exactly what does that mean Kevin?" " it means that there will be cameras at the entrance, around the house, our bunk house and the barn." I notice her eyes get darker but I continue before she can say anything "Howie,Nick, and myself will take turns riding the pastures and up to the woods five miles out." Everyone starts nodding and talking so I tell they agree with me Stacey looks at me "what do you want us to do?" I look at her, then Mallory and my eyes go to Vanessa "the three of you are to keep watch as you come and go and keep the house locked at all times." I see Mallory roll her eyes then she gets up and walks outside and shuts the door behind her, Stacey gives me an apologetic glance "she won't be any problems she just has a problem with being told what to do." I nod my head "it's fine I understand." I knew how she was I knew her temper even if we didn't talk much so I did understand how she probably felt but the security was needed.

Nick's POV

Two weeks later Kevin had all of the cameras were up and running and the extra watches had started they weren't so bad but no one else was dealing with the same thing I was. I hear the door slam shut and I know exactly who it is Mallory storms in the kitchen and kicks her boots off and they go flying across the room. "I'm so sick of the video cameras!!! I feel like I'm being spied on I want to get my hands on that pathetic little rat Josh!!!". She was strong as ever and she was still high spirited but some of the light had faded from her eyes and I knew that the extra security made her feel trapped. I get up and walk over to her "Mal calm down I know you are upset." She turns around and one of her hands fly up to hit me but I grab her hand and stop her then she glares at me "Let me go!!!" I grab her and pin her arms above her head "Damn it Mal if you don't calm down I am locking you up." She looks at me "you wouldn't dare." I pick her up then carry her upstairs to her room and throw her on the bed and get on top of her and kiss her. She kisses back and I hear her moan I pull off her shirt and kiss down her neck then run my hands down her waist I was finally getting to touch her.

Mallory's POV

I tilt my head back when I feel Nick's lips going down my neck I unbutton his shirt and watch the muscles in his arms and shoulders flex as he pulls off his shirt and tosses it in the floor. For the first time I notice that Nick has tattoos I run my fingertips over one on his shoulder he closes his eyes and I lean forward then start kissing down his neck. He pushes me back on the bed and our eyes meet then I realize something I wanted Nick I definitely had feelings for him plus he was the one person who knew how to calm me down and not many people were able to do that.

Kevin's POV

Vanessa and I take watch today we ride through a small creek then go up a hill and come out to a meadow. She looks over at me "Let's take a break." I nod my head then we climb down off the horse and start walking I had been busy the last two weeks and hadn't spent a lot of time with her. We look at each other and I can't help myself I pull her to me and wrap my arms around her waist then kiss her. She kisses back then pulls my hair and I let out a deep moan in my throat

Vanessa's POV

I unbutton Kevin's shirt then run my hands down his chest and I feel his hands run under my shirt then he starts kissing down my neck. I manage to pant "Kevin." "Say my name Ness." I knew that since we were in the woods we wouldn't go far this was enough but I did want more, I wanted more of Kevin and his touch. Now I was certain that I was falling in love with Kevin