Chapter 36

Stacey's POV

I look up when Vanessa joins me in the garden she walks over and sits down in the dirt next to me I look over at her "Is everything okay?" "I know you were just trying to help me I want to apologize for what happened. I was hurt over what happened with Kevin I didn't know what to do or how I should handle it I was wrong to get involved with AJ. I'm so sorry will you please forgive me? I've missed you and Mal a lot." I look over at her and smile "I was trying to help you're my little sister I just want you to be happy everything I said was because I care about you of course I forgive you." She smiles "Thank you Stacey." She hugs me and I hug back then she looks at me. "What do I do about Mal though she's pretty mad?" Out of the three of Mallory was the one who really knew how to hold a grudge "Tell her the same thing that you told me she'll forgive you it might just take a little while." She nods then stands up "I'm going to go find her and talk to her." "Good luck." She needed it I sigh then go back to work as she walks away.

Mallory's POV

I'm standing in the barn grooming Diablo I look up when Vanessa walks in I wonder what she wanted she walks over to me and I glance at her she bites down on her lip "Can we talk please?" I don't say anything but she takes the silence as a yes "I know you were trying to help me I want to apologize for everything that happened. I was hurt over what happened with Kevin I didn't know what to do or how to handle it I was wrong to get involved with AJ. I've missed you and Stac a lot will you please forgive me?" I couldn't forgive her just like that she didn't know about Kevin fighting with Nick and she didn't know how many nights I cried myself to sleep after she left she hurt me too. I don't say anything to her she stands there and waits on me to say something but I don't. She sighs "It's okay if you don't forgive me right away I understand." She sighs then turns around and walks out of the barn leaving me with Diablo she was my sister and best friend but it would be awhile before we were on good terms.

Kevin's POV

I walk in the office and see Howie doing paperwork I guess he took over all of that I knock on the door and he looks up at me "Can we talk please?" He nods "Sure have a seat." I walk over and sit down "I'm sorry for how I've been acting and neglecting my work and not helping like I should have been. I was wrong to get involved with Judy and to bring her here and all of the drinking to solve my problems with Ness I'm ready to start over I want to get back to work and I want to be friends again will you forgive me?" "I'm glad you saw that you were wrong I forgive you and you can come back to work." I stand up and shake his hand then sit back down Howie starts going through all of the paper work and going over everything that's been happening on the ranch and I didn't realize how far behind I was and how much work I had missed. The ranch had been making money and there was more now than what we needed, the cows were going to be ready to be sold soon, we had some offers to go look at horses which would make our herd bigger we needed to have a meeting.

Howie's POV

We all gather in the kitchen for Kevin's meeting and he lets me speak first "Kevin and I are both glad the ranch is doing well we are ahead and now that things are back to normal Kevin is going back to work and he will go back to being the foreman again." With that I sit down and let Kevin take over since the meeting was his idea "Howie's right we've come ahead we have a lot of money, the cows will be ready to sell soon, and we are always getting more offers for more horses with the ranch growing I think we need to consider hiring someone else." Before he can continue Mallory speaks up "Who do you have in mind?' Kevin looks at her "I was thinking about my cousin Brian he knows the job he's done this kind of work before he can be trusted and he's a really hard worker." Vanessa nods "I think it's a good idea Kevin says we can trust him and we need the help." Mallory rolls her eyes "What the hell why not let's hire everyone Kevin suggests." Then she gets up and walks out I guess the meeting was over with.