Chapter 71

Howie's POV

Stacey and I were getting dressed one morning I look up at her as she puts on her shirt then I notice something her stomach was round she had a bump. I sit on the bed and start thinking the times when Stacey had been sick, the days when she had been really tired I look at her again then put it together Stacey was pregnant I was surprised and shocked I didn't think that Stacey and I would ever get to have a baby. She looks over at me "Aren't you going to finish getting ready we have a lot to do today." I get up and walk over to her "Stac I think you're pregnant!!! You are pregnant!!!" She looks down at her stomach then she looks back at me "That's not possible Howie." I wrap my arms around her waist and put my hand on her bump then slowly push up her shirt there it was proof of what I was thinking Stacey and I had a little miracle.

Stacey's POV

I'm sitting at the doctor's office with Howie next to me I was nervous about this I wanted to be happy but I was afraid that all of this was my imagination. Howie reaches over then holds my hand and kisses my head "Don't worry everything will be fine." A little while later I'm called back to see the doctor they do a few test then leave Howie and I sit and wait. He walks over and I look up at him "What if I'm not pregnant I was told this couldn't happen." "Miracles happen every day Stac this is a miracle you are having our baby." The doctor comes back in the room he looks at the two of us "Your results came back you're pregnant five months to be exact." I couldn't believe it Howie and I were really going to have a baby I was going to be a mother. They do a check up to make sure everything is okay and both of us were healthy and doing good Howie and I go back home and we are both happy about our little miracle.

Howie's POV

Everyone was at the house for dinner that night Mallory and Nick were sitting on one side of the table along with Kevin and Vanessa on the other side of the table is Kayla, Brian and Leigh Anne then Aaron at the end of the table. Everyone is happy we are all laughing and joking even Aurora and James were getting in on the noise by cooing and Aurora would constantly show off the new word she just learned which made Nick proud as a peacock. I look at Stacey then she nods and we both stand up I wrap an arm around her waist and let her begin when everyone looks up at us "When I was with my ex Josh he was abusive and put me in the hospital one night I was told I had a miscarriage they did a surgery and then I was told I would never have children." Everyone looks at her sympathetically then I take over "The doctors were wrong we're going to have a baby Stacey is five months pregnant." The girls all hug Stacey including Kayla they start telling her how happy they are for her and all of the guys congratulate me our lives on the ranch just kept getting better.

Nick's POV

The good mood only increases after Howie and Stacey make their baby announcement I was really happy for them I reach over and give Mallory's leg a squeeze. She gives me a nod then the two of us stand up and I remember when Mallory and I announced that she was pregnant with Aurora Mallory coughs and I begin "Well Mal and I aren't going to crash the baby news but we have our own announcement to make too." Mallory takes over then she looks at everyone "Nick and I have set a date for the wedding we are getting married in the spring at the church outside of town." Everyone congratulates then I look at Stacey and Vanessa then clear my throat. "This ranch means a lot to the both of us I've helped to build this place Mallory and I want to stay a part of it with your permission I'd like to build a house here." Stacey and Vanessa both nod "Of course you can we love having you here." I thank them and think to myself time to build a house.

Girl's POV

We were spending our day in the orchards and the garden we had a lot to do in all three of them watering, planting, and the best part pulling up the weeds that had grown. While we are working Mallory keeps an eye on Aurora who was becoming mobile and crawling around on a blanket nearby in the shade hopefully the heat wouldn't keep us from having a good crop this year because that would be hard on all of us and it would be a big loss. The three of us look up when we hear Aurora giggling she was laughing and smiling because she pulled a weed all by herself at least someone was having fun working.