Chapter 76

Stacey's POV

Once the baby shower starts everyone oohs and ahhs over Vanessa's decorating skills and the gifts which were amazing. Kevin and Vanessa had bought her two little dresses and a onesie that said Daddy's little girl, Nick and Mallory got her a onesie with ruffles that said my little black dress and a pair of pink boots for when she got bigger and they were so cute. Throughout the day from different family members especially from our mom and dad Aurora gets a lot of attention she doesn't seem to mind in fact she enjoys it because her grandfather keeps giving her cookies when Mallory and Nick aren't looking Brian and Leigh Anne come in a little while later they had gotten her a toy owl to go in her crib. At one point that afternoon I see Mallory and Nick talking off to the side about something I look away when Howie's mother starts a conversation with the two of us.

 At one point that afternoon I see Mallory and Nick talking off to the side about something I look away when Howie's mother starts a conversation with the two of us

Vanessa's POV

Vanessa's POV

That night after the baby shower Kevin and I go back to our house to get ready for our date tonight he's in the bedroom changing and I'm in the bathroom fixing my hair. A few minutes later I walk in the bedroom then change clothes I put on a red dress and a pair of shoes I look up and see Kevin watching me "Is something wrong with the dress?" He shakes his head "You look amazing Ness." I smile then walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. He looks down at me then kisses me I kiss back and pull on his hair he pulls away "Date night remember?" I nod then we walk outside and get in his truck and start driving toward town we didn't have a huge night out planned we were just going to dinner and dancing but that didn't matter. We just wanted to spend time together and get off the ranch for a little while.

Kevin's POV

Vanessa and I have a really great time during dinner it was nice to just have some time with the two of us alone not having to worry about working or anything on the ranch tonight. I look at her "Do you think about our future?" She looks at me and nods "I've thought about it I love that we are engaged I do want to get married just not sure on when with Stacey being pregnant and Nick and Mal having Aurora I'd really like to have my own baby I can't wait to start a family with you." I couldn't wait for that either I wanted to marry her and I did want to start a family with her one day she was great with Aurora and James I knew she would be a great mom. After dinner we leave the restaurant and walk down the street then go inside the music was playing I take her hand then pull her out to the dance floor and we start dancing.

Vanessa's POV

When Kevin and I get home we go to our room I take off my shoes and put them back in the closet I walk over to the dresser and put my bracelets down then Kevin walks over and stands behind me. I feel him slowly pull down the zipper of my dress then he starts kissing my shoulders I turn around and look up at him then he pushes my dress off in the floor I unbutton his shirt then push it off his shoulders and it falls in the floor. He picks me up then carries me over to the bed he starts kissing down my neck and I moan when I feel him gently bite down on my neck I run my fingertips down his stomach then unzip his jeans he takes them off and throws them in the floor. If they ended like this all the time Kevin and I needed to have date night more often.

Group POV

Strangers drive up in the driveway they get out of the truck and walk over to the girls who had been planting flowers around the house. The first one to speak is a larger older man who looks at the girls "I saw your ranch from the road as we were passing by I've seen your horses too that you've sold I want to make you three little ladies an offer to buy you out." Mallory stands up and brushes the dirt off her jeans. "We aren't selling it's not for sale." He looks at Mallory then at Stacey and Vanessa as they gather around her "I'm willing to go double your asking price." Nick speaks up from behind him "They said it wasn't for sale." He turns around and looks at the group of guys standing behind him. He looks away from Nick then back at the girls "I'll let you ladies talk about it I'll come back in one week." The men all load up in their truck then leave the ranch.