Chapter 6

Stacey's POV

I look up from the fence I'm working on when I hear a car door shut I walk over to the porch and see my ex Josh Henderson walking up to the house and he smiles when he sees me. "I heard you inherited a ranch I thought I would check it out." I couldn't let him see that I was afraid of him he steps up on the porch and stands in front of me. "We should get back together baby." Anger courses through my veins he acts as if nothing bad ever happened between us he's pretending it all never happened I step away from "No way in hell, I'll never get back with you, you will never hurt me again." When I say no he gets angry and grabs me then lifts up his hand and goes to hit me and I struggle then stomp on his foot. He stumbles back then falls off the porch and lands on the ground.

Howie's POV

The guys and I walk up to the house when we hear someone yelling I see a guy getting up off the ground he gets up and goes to get back on the porch. I take a step and the guys follow along behind me the guy turns and looks at me and I narrow my eyes at him "The lady said you could leave." He takes a step toward me and from behind me I hear Kevin say "I wouldn't do that if I were you." The guy turns around then gets in his car and drives off.

Guy's POV

Once he's gone we all walk over to Stacey Howie looks at her "what was that all about?" She takes a deep breath then looks at the three of us "He is my ex-boyfriend I broke up with him after he cheated on me." Nick and Kevin nod their heads then turn around and start walking off to get back to work. Howie looks at Stacey "You're better off without him he's a jerk." She smiles "Thank you." Howie walks off and catches up with Nick and Kevin, Kevin elbows him in the side and laughs "You like her dude." Howie pushes him and laughs "Shut up Kevin."

Kevin's POV

After about a month many of the important repairs are done, the tractor is finally running and there are only a few fences left to repair the fields will be needing cut soon for hay. In one field there are a few cows and the guys and I are standing in a pasture with horses feeding them I'm minding my own business and paying some attention to a new quarter horse the girls recently bought when I hear Howie yelling. I look up and see Howie running toward me with a black horse following close behind I turn around and Howie and I start running for the other end of the field where the gate is.

Nick's POV

I pick up another bucket and walk over to the group of horses standing a few feet away from me and start whistling to myself while I'm feeding them I look around and take in the horses and the fields around me. I hear yelling coming toward me I look up and see Kevin and Howie running toward me and behind them is Diablo Kevin looks at me "Nick Run!!" I drop the bucket and take off but we don't make it to the gate because the horse cuts us off. He sends us running back to the other end of the field away from the gate I don't know what was wrong with this horse but he had lost it.

 He sends us running back to the other end of the field away from the gate I don't know what was wrong with this horse but he had lost it

Stacey's POV

Vanessa, Mallory and myself are in the kitchen when we hear yelling coming from outside we look at each other then walk out on the porch. We look around and see the guys running through the field where the horses are we look at each other then see what they are running from Diablo Is chasing them. I look over at Mallory who is laughing "Go get your horse before he kills them please." She keeps laughing then nods her head and walks off the porch, Vanessa and I follow her to the fence and she quickly climbs over it and walks out on the field. When Diablo sees her he walks over to her and tosses his head a few times she smiles and runs her hand up and down his neck while the guys stop and catch their breath.