Chapter 60

GUY POV

We are all standing in the barn looking at Taz he had grown and was now at the age where it was time for him to get used to wearing a saddle and having a rider he had long legs like his mother Santana everything else came from Diablo. His soft baby fur had turned into a sleek black coat and he had the temper to go with it we all take turns looking at each other waiting on someone to make the first move Howie elbows Nick in the side "Maybe you should go see Mal she can handle this." Nick shakes his head "She has Aurora." There's something uncomfortable about Taz. He has a gleam in his eyes and the way he's looking at us it's like he's smiling and daring us to make the first move we all dreaded this job and we just hoped none of us got hurt.

 He has a gleam in his eyes and the way he's looking at us it's like he's smiling and daring us to make the first move we all dreaded this job and we just hoped none of us got hurt

Mallory's POV

I walk in the barn with Aurora and see the guys gathered in front of the stall that contains Taz Kevin was holding a saddle but they weren't going anywhere near Taz. I walk over then give Aurora to Nick and take the saddle from Kevin all of the guys step back when I lead Taz out of his stall I hold my hands out "Easy it's okay I'm not going to hurt you I promise." His ears twitch back and forth at the sound of my voice. I pick up the saddle then begin to saddle him up the guys are silent and the only sound is the babbling coming from Aurora once Taz is saddled up I get on him he doesn't throw me or get angry or anything I gently dig my heels into his side and he walks out of the barn I have him do a circle and run through different paces with him. He was fast and an amazing horse I would up keeping him but he would be second to Diablo the guys walk out and watch me with Taz Aurora points and babbles at him and it doesn't bother Taz at all Howie steps forward and that's when the horse shows his temper. He stomps his hooves and tosses his head then rears back I had another Diablo on my hands.

Girl's POV

We are all walking through the grape orchard picking the grapes it was a great day the sun was in the sky but it wasn't hot there was a nice breeze blowing it was a perfect spring day. We all go up and down the different lines picking the grapes and putting them away except for Mallory for every grape she picked she ends up eating two of them Vanessa looks over at Mallory and laughs when she pops two more grapes into her mouth. Stacey looks up and catches Mallory eating the grapes she stops then sighs and looks at her "Will you stop eating those grapes!!!! We want to sell those." Mallory gives her an innocent smile then pops a handful into her mouth "Sorry Stac." Stacey rolls her eyes and we all continue picking grapes and Mal sneaks a few more of them when Stacey isn't looking."

Mallory's POV

After I get Aurora to sleep I walk in mine and Nick's room he's already in bed I walk over then get in the bed and curl up next to him. We lay there for a while and everything is silent no noise coming from anywhere even the crickets were silent tonight I look over at him "How was your day?" Nick sighs then wraps his arms around me. "It was good a little long though we are starting to clear some of the fields for the summer crops we have more to do tomorrow plus one of the mares will be ready to deliver in a few more days what do you girls have planned for tomorrow?" I lay on his chest and start running my fingers up and down his arms. "Work in the orchards and help Stacey in the garden I think she mentioned something about trying to grow some blueberries this year." Nick nods then we lay there talking for a while and Nick changes the subject he looks over at me "We need to think about when we are going to move Mal."

Nick's POV

I look over at Mallory there was something I hadn't told her yet I had changed my mind about us moving I was going to keep my house though and we could stay there when there wasn't a lot of work on the ranch. I loved the house from my grandparents but I loved this ranch too I met Mallory here, I helped her and her sisters make their ranch what it is today my daughter was born here this was her home it was Mallory's home I knew that we couldn't leave the ranch. I put my hand on the side of her face and she looks up at me and I smile "I've been thinking a lot and I've changed my mind we can stay here I'll build us a house but we can go stay at the other when there isn't a lot of work here." She hugs me and wraps her arms around my neck "Thank you Nick I love you." "I love you too Mal." She starts kissing down my neck and I close my eyes then let out a moan I get on top of her and kiss her she kisses back and pulls my hair. I was glad that she was happy and the rest of the night was going to be us together.