Chapter 39

Nick's POV

I slowly scroll the page down and take in every detail on the screen in front of me I already knew some of them weren't right for Mal but I would find the right ring for her I jump in the seat when I hear Howie's voice behind me. "Why are you looking at engagement rings? Are you really serious about this? Are you ready for this?" I turn off the computer and look at Howie "Yes I'm looking for engagement rings because I want to ask Mallory to marry me. Yes I'm serious I love her and there's no one else for me but her, Yes I'm ready for this I want to spend the rest of my life with her." "Howie laughs and pats me on the back "I'm happy for you Nick but good luck you're going to have your hands full." "I wouldn't have it any other way." Stacey knew and now Howie knew hopefully I would be able to find a ring before anyone else found out I wanted to ask her to marry me.

Kevin's POV

We were at the store in town buying up some supplies I lift a bag over my shoulder then toss it in the back of the truck then turn to Howie for another bag but stop when I hear my name being called I look up and see Mark he was the one who got us the job working for the girls. "Hi Mark how are you?" "I'm good you're just the man I wanted to see the owner of this store is looking for some ranch workers he's willing to pay double the money if you know anyone can you let me know?" I nod "Yeah I'll give you a call." "Thanks Kev see you guys later." Mark walks away I turn and look at the rest of the guys Nick looks at me "He's willing to pay double Kev I can use that kind of money." Howie pushes Nick then looks at me "What about the girls you and Ness just got back together." I stop them before it spirals it of control "Calm down let's all sit down and talk about this first." This had to be a group decision.

Brian's POV

Once we get back to the ranch we unload everything then go to the bunk house and gather in the living room none of the other guys are saying anything so I start. "Look guys I can go I'm not as attached to this place as you are I don't have a lot to lose here like the rest of you plus Leigh Anne wouldn't be bothered by me taking off for a while." Howie starts shaking his head "Look I think this is a really bad idea yeah the guy will pay us double but we've helped the girls build this ranch there's only three of them they can't do it alone. We are all in relationships too who knows how long we will be away from them if we take this job." Nick shoots Howe a glare "This is a great job I need the money we all do we can always come back here once the job is done." Finally, Kevin speaks up "I don't really know what we should do here you're all right I think we should talk about this with the girls and let them know about the offer." Thank God I wasn't the three of them.

Kevin's POV

We are all in the kitchen to discuss the job offer and for the first time since I've started working for the girls I'm not able to make eye contact with any of them I clear my throat then look up from the table. "We have all been given a job offer that pays us double what you're paying us we've talked about it and we are all thinking about taking it but we don't know how long we will be gone or when we will be coming back here." I hear a gasp from one of the girls and I look at them, Stacey is shocked, Vanessa's brown eyes are on me filled with tears and just like she's done in so many past meetings Mallory leaves the house with a slamming door and she doesn't even give Nick a glance and I being to question the decision we made even though I know it was the right one.

Stacey's POV

I look at the three guys standing in the kitchen I couldn't believe this I was furious. "So that's it then after all the months of blood and sweat we finally get this place in shape and working we are making money and you just want to walk out!!!! We will be going to market soon and you're just going to leave all of us hanging Thank you for the help but don't bother coming back!!! I want all of you off my ranch by sundown." I leave the house and storm off to the garden after everything each one of us had gone through the guys were leaving.

Howie's POV

I walk outside to the garden and walk up behind Stacey "Can we talk please?" She keeps her back toward me so I'm not able to see her face. "There's nothing to say Howie." I might as well keep trying to talk to her "This is only for a little while I will come back I promise." "What about loyalty are you going to leave every time something better comes along I can't do that!!!" I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist then kiss her neck "I'm only doing this one time I don't want to leave you this is where I belong I love you Stacey and I really will come back." I know that she heard me but she never turns to look at me.