Chapter 63

Mallory's POV

I look over at Aaron while he's brushing one of the horses I decide to ask my own questions he was turning out to be a really nice guy. "What was yours and Nick's childhood like?" He picks up a comb for the horse's mane and looks at me "It was pretty normal we grew up on a ranch like this one our grandparents had a house in the mountains we spent a lot of time there when we were little." Nick's house in the mountains was a few hours from here I know he's a few years older than me but all the times I had visited this ranch could Nick and I have been only a few hours away from each other. Was there a chance we might have seen each other in town when we were little and just not remember it I shake it off and continue my conversation with Aaron I cough and ask another question "What happened between you and Nick?" He turns around and looks at me "Nick was the oldest we never got along so we just weren't close to each other I was surprised when he called me about a job here." I end the conversation and hope they might become close since they both live here now. Later that day while Aurora is taking a nap I'm sitting in my bedroom look through old pictures from when me, Ness and Stacey were all little. I pick up a picture that had been taken in town during the fourth of July parade I smile and think back to that day. (FLASHBACK) The wind is blowing the sun is shining down on all of the flags as I'm running down the side walk trying to get a glimpse of the floats. I catch a glimpse of the band and I keep running so I can get a better view I try to go farther but I stop when I run into someone and fall on the ground when I stand up I see a boy a little older than me in front of me he has blonde hair and blue eyes. "I'm sorry I was trying to see." I nod "I was trying to see all the floats." "I'm Nick what's your name?" "I'm Mallory (FLASHBACK ENDS) I gasp then throw the picture on the bed and leave the house after I quickly ask Ness to watch Aurora I had to find Nick.

Nick's POV

I'm in the barn changing a shoe on one of the horses that had come loose I hear footsteps running and I look up and see Mal. She runs over to me and puts her hands on my shoulders she's excited and babbling so fast that I can't tell what she's saying I put the tools down and look at her. "Mal take a deep breath slow down and repeat everything you just said." She looks a deep breath and looks up at me "I just remembered something from when I was little did your grandparents ever take you to the Fourth of July parade in town?" I nod they always took me and Aaron when we were little we usually got along pretty well that day. "Yes they took me every year." "Do you remember running into anyone one year because you couldn't see the parade?" "I remember that year it was a little girl younger than I was with brown hair her name was..." I stop and look at her I was shocked I couldn't believe it I had met Mal when we were kids. "I remember!! We were meant to be together!!" She smiles and hugs me I hug back and wrap my arms around her then look down at her and jokingly ask her "What happened to you?"

AJ'S POV

I stop my motorcycle and look around at the ranch the place looked a lot bigger since the last time I had been here. There were more fields, buildings and another house not far from the main one I look in the driveway and see two more trucks I guess that meant things were going well enough they could afford to hire more people to work for them. I look up and see Vanessa coming in my direction she said I could come visit her but I had a feeling that this would be a surprise as she gets closer I look at her and notice that she still looked great she still had the same amazing body I had gotten used to while I was with her. I did want her to be happy I really do but I had a reason for coming back I knew I had been giving her something that the ranch and Kevin couldn't and I wanted to test it she looks at me and stops "AJ." I smile "Hey there gorgeous." She runs over and hugs me I hug back and wrap my arms around her I couldn't wait to start spending time with her again.

Vanessa's POV

I was happy to see AJ again we were really good friends and I did tell him to visit I was happy he was here. It had been awhile since the two of us had seen each other so I couldn't wait to catch up with him and hear about what he had been doing he still looked the same but with a few more tattoos and he was still adventurous. My heart starts beating faster, my hands get sweaty and I feel my body heat up under his gaze. I didn't want to admit it but there was a part of me that still had feelings for AJ and right now that part of me wanted out and it wanted AJ.