Chapter 43

Mallory's POV

While I'm showing Derek around the ranch I keep sending him glances he was good looking my eyes go to his black hair and I wonder what it would feel like to run my fingers through it. He was tall and had tan skin my eyes go down to his hands and I wonder if they would feel rough or soft against my skin he looks at me "This is a really nice ranch you have here it's one of the nicest I've ever worked on." "Thank you my sisters and inherited it from our grandfather." He nods and we continue our tour which leads us past the pond where we go swimming I sit on a rock and feel a wave of nausea hit me but I'm able to keep my food down Derek starts undressing then jumps in the water and swims over to the edge of the rock and looks up at me. I watch the drops of water slowly trickle down his chest and abs until they meet the band of his boxers "You have nice legs." I smile "Thank you." He looks at me again "I think they would look good around me." For the first time in a month I feel my body come back to life and desire washes through me I lick my slip slowly "Maybe we will find out."

Stacey's POV

It took a few days for Derek to settle into the bunkhouse and he had started working on the ranch and Mallory was helping a lot her tank tops were getting more revealing and her shorts were getting shorter every day. Vanessa and I step out on the porch and see the two of them Derek was standing really close to Mallory and I hear her laughing I look over at Vanessa and see worry all over her face I was concerned too Nick loved Mallory and wanted to propose to her but now Mallory was flirting with Derek like she had forgotten all about Nick. I sigh and look at the two of them I really thought that Mallory loved Nick and I wanted the two of them to be happy together the guys really needed come home soon because if not there was a chance Nick might come home and find Mallory with Derek and that would break his heart. Vanessa and I give Mallory and Derek another looks then we go back to work and I'm hoping that flirting is all that goes on between them.

Nick's POV

I walk in the bunkhouse and sit down for the first time that day the three of us had been talking about possibly going back home to the girls Kevin and Howie couldn't handle being away from the girls so they were going to go home early. I really missed Mallory I hoped she had been thinking about me as much as I thought about her I missed having her in my arms, I missed kissing her, feeling her skin under my fingers and I missed her wild side and that temper she has but I was going to stay for another month so I could have extra money for her engagement ring. Howie and Kevin walk in and start packing their bags Kevin looks at me "I really think you should come home with us I'm sure Mallory misses you and wants to be with you." Howie looks at me "If you're still short we can loan you the money so you can get the ring you can pay us back later." The guys were my best friends and I know they wanted to help but I couldn't take money from them "Thanks guys but I'm going to stay here one more month then I'll go home."

Howie's POV

Kevin and I pack the last of our bags and get ready to leave I stop and look over at Nick "Keep in touch and call your girl we don't want her to have our heads when we get home." Nick nods "I will I promise and let Mal know that I will be home soon." We nod then Kevin and I get in the truck and begin the drive home Kevin couldn't wait to see Ness and I was happy that I was going to see Stacey we hadn't told them we were coming home early so this was going to be a big surprise. Tonight when we got home I was going to go to our room slip in the bed then wake Stacey up with a kiss and hopefully it would lead to a lot more I know that she was mad at me for leaving but now that I had tonight planned there was no way she would be able to stay mad at me and hopefully Kevin would have the same luck with Ness when she saw he was home. The only thing I dreaded when we got home was Mallory's reaction to Nick being gone another month something told me she wasn't going to be happy at all.

Kevin's POV

I look out the window during the ride home and I start thinking to myself I wasn't going to leave her again for a really long time. I make a promise to myself that starting today no matter what life gave us we would never be apart again then I start thinking about the future and the life we will have together once things were okay and we had been together for a while I knew what my plan was going to be. It might take a while probably longer than a year or two but Nick may not be the only one shopping for an engagement ring I love Ness and I could picture her in my future I wanted to marry her but for now I just wanted to be home with her again. The minute I saw her when I got home I was going to hold her in my arms and kiss her so she could know how much I missed her and needed her.