Chapter 14

Howie's POV

I look up from the horse standing in front of me when I hear footsteps and I see Stacey walking towards me. She smiles when she walks over to me the looks at the horse "what's the verdict?" I look back at the horse and run my hand down its neck "She's fine nothing to serious just a rock lodged up under the shoe I was able to get it out but the hoof might be tender for today and tomorrow." Stacey nods her head I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her she kisses back and wraps her arms around my neck a slamming car door makes up pull away from each other. We both look and see her ex walking toward us and right away I can tell that he is mad about something.

Stacey's POV

"Josh what are you doing here?" He stands in front of me and starts yelling "I've had enough of this I offered to buy the ranch, I've been nice to you well no more messing around it is time for you to come with me where you belong instead of playing farm girl with pretty boy.!!!" He grabs my arms and tries to pull me along with him "Don't touch her." It's the first time I have ever heard Howie sound so deadly Josh stops then looks at Howie "What are you going to do pretty boy?" Howie punches him then catches him off guard and a fight breaks out between them. Josh tackles Howie then starts punching him and landing blows to his face and stomach Howie is a good fighter he knocks him off then starts hitting him. I try to stop them and get between them but it doesn't work Howie punches Josh and I hear a sickening crack then Howie stands up and walks over. Josh stands up and puts a hand to his nose and I know that Howie broke it. Josh sends Howie a glare "you'll regret this pretty boy." He gets in his car and leaves I look at Howie he has a black eye, busted lip and his face is now covered with all kinds of bruises and I can't believe that he actually fought for me.

Howie's POV

I hiss in pain when Stacey starts dabbing my face with a cotton ball that she must have soaked in alcohol. I look up at Stacey who hasn't said anything since we walked in the house "are you okay?" She nods her head "it will take a few days or weeks for this to heal." She turns and looks up take "why did you get in that fight for me?" I look down at her "I know what he did to you and you deserve so much more than that I want to be there for you and I did it because I love you Stacey."

Stacey's POV

I couldn't believe that Howie loved me I was shocked there were moments I was still afraid but I knew Howie would never hurt me. He had been nice and patient with me the whole time there weren't slot of good guys out there like Howie, he could have anyone and he wanted to be with me. I felt the same way he did I look up at him and smile "I love you too Howie." He looks at me and smiles " really?" I nod my head then he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck.

Backstreet Ranchजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें