Chapter 11

Vanessa's POV

One month later the barn had been rebuilt and the hay we lost had been replaced we were finally coming ahead. Today was our day off to celebrate everything that we had gone through Howie was over at the grill and Stacey was getting everything ready in the kitchen. I walk over to the chair Kevin is sitting in then push his hat down he smiles and looks over at me. "Hey Ness." I smile back "Hi Kev." We sit together and talk for a while then he looks over at me "Come to the barn with me for a minute?" I nod my head and we start walking to the barn we were still having to sneak around because I wasn't sure how Mal and Stacey would react to me and Kevin. I was in a good mood though because the ranch was starting to be up and running we might actually be able to do this.

Stacey's POV

I walk outside over to Howie, things were going well on the ranch for now and hopefully there wouldn't be any more setbacks. All of the guys seemed happy to have the day off the last time I saw Kevin he was dozing in one of the lawn chairs I haven't seen Nick around today and I wondered where he was. I feel Howie give my hand a squeeze and I smile at him I think I was starting to really like him. The ranch would be up and running soon and I was happy about that I hoped that our grandparents were proud of us for the things we have done so far.

Mallory's POV

I'm standing by the fence watching the horses and I smile when Diablo starts to get irritated by one of our new mares I had named Santana he swishes his tail then walks away from her. I liked it here and all of the memories from the times we visited had come back to me this place was home now it was a part of me. I was happy we were running the ranch and that things were going smoothly for now I look up when Nick walks over and stands next to me. He starts watching the horses too, we are getting along the two of us stand there in silence but it wasn't uncomfortable it was actually nice.

Kevin's POV

While we are eating I notice how happy the girls are Nick and Howie are even happy too I'm glad things are going well on the ranch for Vanessa and her sister's. I hope things continue to go up and that they might expand the ranch because I liked working here Stacey and Mallory are really nice and I really liked Vanessa. I feel like I have a home here I haven't felt like this in a long time I had my two best friends working with me and Vanessa's sisters accepted me and made me feel like part of their family. I hoped my job here would last for a long time because I didn't want to leave.

Howie's POV

While I'm cleaning off the grill I look over at Stacey and for the first time since she's hired us she's really smiling I've seen her smile but this time it's different. She was relaxed and carefree she wasn't worried about anything I loved seeing her like this and for her I hope the ranch continued to do well. I wanted her to be happy and I knew I was starting to have feelings for her today was a good day for all of us. I look and see Kevin talking to Vanessa they were trying to hide it but I knew something was there I look over at Nick and he's on the porch laying down with his hat pulled over his eyes. We were all relaxed and happy.

Nick's POV

I'm laying on the porch with my eyes closed and my hat pulled down letting the sun wash over me. I feel something brush against my leg and I don't think anything about it a few seconds later I feel a pair of lips against my ear and Mallory's voice whispering "How about a ride cowboy?" I let out a moan and stretch while I'm laying on the porch then I feel her fingertips run down the front of my shirt. I sit up and look at her and she's smiling we all go to the barn and get the horses ready to go for a ride. While we are riding though a field on the far end of the ranch I hear hooves and Diablo runs past me. I smile at the image her long brown hair is trailing out behind her and she's smiling I'm glad that she is happy and I realize that I'm happy too.