Chapter 35

Vanessa's POV

I bring the last two boxes of my stuff into my room and start unpacking my stuff I missed being here on the ranch every day, I missed my room and most of all I really missed my sisters and I knew I would have to do a lot to fix things with both of them. It takes a few hours but I finally finish unpacking I go outside and walk around and let the air fill my lungs I missed home and I was happy to be back here I stop at one of the fences and see Mallory in the field with Diablo and a miniature version of him I start watching what she's doing. She goes to put a bridle on the mini Diablo but he doesn't go for that idea he tosses his tiny head back and forth then tries to bite her hand but Diablo doesn't like that idea he nips at the tiny miniature next to him. We were close and I know that I hurt her when I left and moved in with AJ I was going to fix things with her no matter what it took.

Kevin's POV

I move all of my stuff from the bunkhouse back into Vanessa's room I missed her a lot and I'm happy that the two of us were together again now I was ready to put the last few months behind me but there were a few things I had to do I felt terrible for how I treated everyone. I owed them an apology especially the guys I did a lot of things I should have never done and I planned on staying sober for as long as possible I wasn't going to be that person ever again I was ready for the future I finish unpacking then walk outside and go to the barn and find Nick checking on the new foals. I walk over and look at the new additions and count them counting them we now had twenty horses Nick looks up at me "Are you going to help out now?" I know he was mad and he had every right to be I take a deep breath "Look kid I want to fix things I'm going to help and I'm done with all the drinking I'm sorry for everything that happened you've always been like a brother to me." Nick stops me before I can continue "I forgive you glad you're back Kev." It felt good to be back.

AJ'S POV

I get off my motorcycle then start walking across the driveway but stop when Kevin sees me "Don't you think you've done enough?" I know he didn't like me but I wanted to talk to him and Vanessa. I take a deep breath and prepare for him to punch me "I just want to apologize to you I know it couldn't have been easy for you to see her with me. I want Vanessa to be happy I'm leaving town I love her too so take care of her okay?" He holds his hand out and we shake hands then he looks at me "I want Ness to be happy too I promise that I will spend the rest of my life making her happy." I nod "Thank you I appreciate that." He nods "She's inside I'll let you talk to her." He steps off the porch then walks away I step on the porch now for my talk with Ness I knock on the door and wait on her to answer the door I just hope this conversation went well.

Vanessa's POV

I open the door and see AJ standing there I step outside and shut the door behind me "AJ what are you doing here?" He looks at me "I'm fixing to leave town and I wanted to talk to you." I cross my arms over my chest "Fine talk." AJ takes a deep breath "I'm so sorry for hurting you I didn't mean for that to happen but the wedding really freaked me out. You deserve a future with a husband who loves you and kids I love you but I'm not the marriage type I'm a drifter. You love Kevin in a way that you will never love me I'm here to say goodbye and I wish you the best." I had things I needed to apologize for too I sigh then look at him "I'm sorry too AJ I do accept your apology and I'm sorry for leading you on I shouldn't have started a relationship with you while I was hurting I shouldn't have made you the rebound. I do have feelings for you but you're right I love Kevin a lot I want you to be happy and I would like for us to be friends come back and visit one day." AJ smiles "I will I promise." I kiss him then AJ kisses back and pulls away "I better go see you around Ness." "Bye Ness." He walks off the porch then gets on his motorcycle I stand on the porch and watch him leave and I wondered when we would see each other again.