Chapter 10 - Drinks

Eloise's POV 

There was so much work to be done. Nothing was done in terms of organisation and it was taking me time to organise things to suit Justin's schedule and make sure that all the deadlines for the projects were being met. 

Justin had a visitor at the office today and he seemed friendly. From my office I could see them talking and laughing. Mid way through working, I headed to the staff room to get a drink. The staff room was really big. I went into the fridge and saw that it was stocked up with loads of drinks so I grabbed myself a bottle of water. 

"Out of all the drinks, you grab water." someone said making me jump. "Sorry, I shouldn't have come up behind you like that. I'm Megan"

"Hey, I'm Eloise."

"So your the personal assistant."

"Yeah that's me, so what department do you work for?"

"I work with PR" I nodded. "You know that there's a bet about you"

"umm why."

"Nothing personal but it sort of became a joke that Mr Bieber has had so many personal assistants. They place a bet of how long each personal assistant lasts at the company. The last one only lasted a week." 

"That sounds...fun"

"Anyway it's nice to meet you Eloise. See you around."

"Yeah you too Megan, see you around."

I walked out of the staffroom and headed back to my office and bumped into Ryan. 

"I'm so sorry" 

"No it's okay, it's my fault I wasn't looking where I was going. I'll see you around Taylor" 

"You can call me Eloise"

"Nope I prefer Taylor."

"Okay. Well I have to get back to my work"

"Nice to meet you Taylor"

I then walked back to my office and continued working. It feels like it might be a long day. I'm glad I was able to tell Justin before he read it in the background check. It honestly felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders and I also feel like I can trust him. It's weird but he seems so friendly. It doesn't make sense why so many PAs have left this year. 

Initially I was nervous. I didn't know what my boss would be like. I expected it to be worse and more stress but it's been good and I've managed to get work done without distractions. 

I was surprised to hear from Megan that people placed bets about the boss. I want to make friends at work but I got a weird vive from Megan so I just going to be friendly and see how it goes. I don't want for there to be ay drama at work. 

Day one and I'm excited for this new chapter in my life. I never would've expected to get a job like this in such a big company. 

*****************

After Mr Bieber leaves my office, I log off and grab my jacket and bag and begin to head downstairs to meet Mandy. 

"Hey are you ready to go?"

"Yeah let's go"

We walked down the street talking and getting to know each other. It seems like I'm going to be in for a good night. Once we arrived at the bar, we headed inside and got a table. 

"So what will you be having?"

"Lets go for an espresso martini"

Once our drinks had arrived, we continued to chat.

"So how was your first day"

"It was good. Better than I thought actually. Lots of work but that's what I signed up for. Also met some people today."

"Oooh who did you meet?"

"First I met Ryan Good this morning, he came to see Mr Bieber and then I met Megan in the staff room."

"Oh how was you encounter with Megan?"

"It was okay, she has a kind of vibe about her though but that's probably just me"

"No your right, she does a weird vibe about her. Just stay civil with her."

"she told me that there is a bet going around about any personal assistant that has worked for Mr Bieber."

"Yeah there is, I don't want to be a part of that this time."

"It's weird though, everyone has my days numbered and its only my first day"

"You'll get used to it. There has been so many weird things that goes on in the company. Also the company can be complex. Many people wish to be in your job. working along side Justin Bieber. then there's the groups within the company. It feels like being in school all over again." Mandy said.

"well then, cheers to new friendships."

"to new friendships"