Chapter 39 - "We can do this"

Eloise's POV

We headed back to the reception and danced the night away. We were dancing until 3 in the morning and the venue manager practically had to kick us out. Marcus and Allison left in their car to head back to the Manor.

I stayed behind to make sure that everything was sorted with the venue manager and apologise for staying so late. He said it was fine and that the cleaners would come and make sure that everything was cleared up.

Everyone had headed back to their hotel room and I was the last one left or so I thought.

"Hey, you didn't have to stay"

"But I wanted to. I've also been told that I have a room at the hotel for a night."

"Do you now?"

"Apparently so"

"Well...I wanted to ask could you..." I didn't know how to bring it up.

"Eloise, could I what?"

"You can say no"

"Well you have to ask me first" he had a big smile.

"Could you stay with me for the night please?"

"Well..." I took him by surprise.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked tha..."

"Eloise, I would love to."

I then kissed him. And he kissed back.

"Come on let's go."

"They probably took the golf buggy so I we're going to have to walk"

"Fine by me" Justin took off his suit jacket an put it on my shoulders

"Thank you"

We walked to the manor and to my room. My room was very warm. The log burner was on. I also noticed that Justin's suitcase was here too.

"How did you get your suitcase here?"

"I texted Daniel and he dropped if off with the venue security. They dropped it off"

"Well that was quick"

"Daniel was giving it to the venue manager anyway, I just told him last minute to take it to your room and not mine."

"Okay well I need to get changed." I went into the bathroom with my clothes.

I was trying to unzip the dress, but the zip was stuck again. He smirked at me when I came out of the bathroom still in my dress.

"Let me help"

Justin walked over and I turned around and moved my hair out of the way. He had full access to my neck. He unzipped the dress very slowly. I could feel him breathing on my neck.

"You looked beautiful today" he said as he killed my neck and worked his way down to my shoulder. "I'm going to stop before I can't"

I laughed and ran back into the bathroom.

I liked him and I didn't know where this would go. I like him a lot, but this would complicate things at work.

I came out of the bathroom in my pj's and my make up off and my hair tied up. And Justin was sitting on my bed already changed out of his suit. He was wearing joggers and a t-shirt.

"You okay?" He said when I came out of the bathroom.

"Yeah but we do need to talk"

"Okay well it's better to do it sooner rather than later"

I went and sat on the bed next to him.

"How are we going make this work? We work together and we like each other. Eventually we won't be able to work together."

"Eloise we will make this work. I know we haven't known each other long but I like you and I want this to work. I haven't met anyone that can make me smile and laugh the way that you do. You changed me in the space of 2 weeks. You've already made me a better person."

I didn't know what to say.

"We can make it work at work. We just will act professional and any time outside of work is our own. I learnt one thing in life and that is how short life is. I don't want to waste time, but I will give you time to make a decision but let's just have the next day of just us. We can do this" he said. at this point he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Okay but please give me time. I don't want to rush into anything yet."

"okay, now shall we get into bed. We have to get up in 6 hours. The brunch is at 11."

"Actually, it's been postponed till 12. After how late everyone left, I don't think that they want to wake up early for brunch, so we made it into lunch."

"Sounds good. Come on trouble."

We cuddled in bed and went to sleep.

I felt safe in his arms and for the first time in a long time, I could sleep without worry. But one thing is for sure, I'm going to kill Lucy when I see her in the morning.