Chapter 59 - "I grew up here"

Eloise's POV 

"How long exactly has it been since you came home?" Justin asked 

"About 4 and a half years" 

"Wow"

"Yep. Nicole has been looking after it for me" 

"Are you sure you want to go back?"

"Yeah. I mean I have to go back one day" 

I pulled up and parked in the driveway. It all felt like deja-vu. Everything seemed the way that I left it. Even the front flower bed was perfect like the way dad used to have it. 

"I can stay in the car if you want?"

"No, can you come in with me please?"

"Of course but feel free to kick me out if you want to. I don't want to be intruding" 

"Thank you" 

I got out of the car and Justin followed. I walked over to the door and unlocked the porch first. Then I opened the main front door and there was a beep beep sound. 

It was the house alarm. I didn't know if I could remember the code so I had to guess. It had to my great grandads birthday. That's what dad had it at. 

I punched the code in and it was right. Thank God since I would have had to phone Nicole. 

The hallway was just how I left it. It was like nothing had been touched but I knew that Nicole comes here's all the time to keep the place clean for me and Marcus.

Dad had left me the house in the will and he had left majority of his money to Marcus. I first went into the lounge all the pictures were there. 

Justin was still in the hallway. I guess he was looking at some of the photos there. 

"Is this you Elle?"

I walked back out and saw Justin looking at the collage of pictures on the wall and he was pointing to one picture of me covered in snow next to a giant snowman. 

"Yeah that is. I kind of remember that day" 

"There's a lot of pictures" 

"Yeah there is. My dad's mum had early on set Alzheimer's which meant she didn't remember a lot so dad was already worried about that so he always took a lot of pictures."

"You look cute" 

"I know I do" 

"Cocky much" 

"Always. Now shall we" Justin followed me into the open kitchen, lounge and dinning room. 

We had got it renovated recently and by recently it would be about 2 years. I hadn't seen it since before the renovation and it looked good. Marcus did a good job. 

I went over to the cupboard and found a mug to make some tea. The teabags and sugar were in the pots on the counter. I was looking around the kitchen for the kettle but there isn't one. 

I swear that it's no where. 

"What are you looking for?" 

"The kettle" 

"There isn't one" 

"I know. thats the point" 

He walked over to the sink and pulled the handle of the tap. Out came boiling water. I'm in an idiot. 

"Thank you. Would you like a drink?"

"I'm just going to have some water" 

"There should be some bottles in the fridge." I walked over and grabbed a bottle of water and threw it to Justin. I grabbed a bottle of milk and poured it into my tea. 

I grabbed my keys and unlocked the back door and went into the garden. The furniture was still there as well. The swing set and treehouse that my dad built was also still there. I had to go into the treehouse but I didn't want it to break. I slowly headed onto the ladder and climbed my way up. It was empty but I remembered the way everything was in here. I used to spend a lot of my time in this treehouse. I never used to let Marcus up here. 

I was worried about this place collapsing so I headed out. 

Justin was in the lounge looking at the pictures. 

"I'm going to head upstairs" 

"Okay, let me know if you need anything"

"Come with me please"

"Of course"

I walked up the stairs and walked into my old room first. I still had the purple wall in the room and my desk and wardrobe was just how I left it. Some of my clothes were there too.

"I grew up here but it fells like a lifetime ago. I try not to remember a lot but this is bringing it all back." I started to tear up and Justin hugged me. "The morning we found out about my dad. I was in here. I was doing school work and my brother came to my room to tell me." I started to cry harder.

"It's okay. Let it all out" 

After a couple of minutes I had calmed myself down and I let go of Justin from the hug. He kissed me on my forehead before he let me go. I headed into the bathroom to sort myself out a bit. 

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'll be fine. I guess this just proves I don't deal with shit. I push it behind me and move on"

"That's okay. Everyone deals with grief differently"

"I'm going to go in my dad's room. If you don't mind, I want to go in on my own" 

"I'll be downstairs but call me if you need anything"

"Thank you"

I headed into my dad's room and it was just like he left it. His bed was done and his jeans were on the chair by the window. The blinds were shut. The day when he left was very last minute but his job was quite last minute but his team wasn't meant to be going overseas. We had our goodbyes, the same as every other time but I never knew that it would be the last one. 

*****************************

Justin's POV 

We were in the car heading back. It was getting late and it was already dark. Elle had fallen asleep and her head was leaning against the window. It sure wasn't comfy. 

I had a pillow on the backseat so when I was at a light I grabbed it and moved Elle's head so that she didn't strain her neck. We were not too long away from London now and it should only take about 40 minutes to get to her apartment. 

I was worried about her when she was at her house. She was a bit quite afterwards but that was to be expected. She opened up to me a lot and there was some food in the fridge so she made me some dinner and we sat and ate together. Before we left to head home, she showed me her school from outside the gate. 

It was a good day and it was amazing to get to know her family. I had also been planning a trip for me and Elle to surprise her. I was falling for her and I was falling quicker than I ever thought I ever could. 

I felt protective over her too. I didn't ever want her to hurt or suffer. 

It was difficult to have a relationship being in the public eye so we have to be careful about kissing in public which is annoying but I can understand why Elle doesn't want to be in the media for that. I also like the privacy. It was nice to just get to know her without worrying what people would think. My parents liked her too which was perfect. I wanted Elle to meet my grandparents soon but I didn't want to push it too soon. We had initially agreed to take things slowly but the way things were going, that might not be the case.