Chapter 14 - "Dirty little stop out"

Eloise's POV

"What time do you call this!"

Lucy made me jump.

"Well I was working thank you very much."

"You said that you would be late but not this late. It's almost midnight"

"Well we lost track of time".

"Oh, did you now" She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Stop. we had to choose a dinner menu for a charity gala this weekend and then we got talking and getting to know each other. Anyway, I'm going to bed now"

"good night you dirty little stop out" she teased.

"ugh, Lucy he is my boss. We work together every day and we have a large project to get done in a short time period. please don't I'm tired."

"Okay I'm sorry, listen I just tease you so please don't take offence."

"I know but it's been a long day and I need sleep and I spent a day embarrassed at work."

"Why what happened?"

"I apparently called Justin whilst I was drunk on my way home."

"Oh Sh*t, what did he say"

"Not a lot. He teased me and he said I could keep my job, apparently it was the highlight of his day."

"Damn girl. If that was me, I would have been fired."

"Yeah I guess I'm lucky. Justin is pretty chill, and he allowed me to book off the days for Marcus and Allison's wedding and I'll still get paid."

"Well that's good then, nothing to worry about now. Also, Allison wants to see us tomorrow about bridesmaids' dresses. It's the final fitting and it's also Allison's final fitting."

"Okay, I'll meet you straight after work"

"Okay get some sleep. I got to work late tomorrow so I probably won't see you in the morning."

"Good Night Lucy"

I went into my room and got out of my work clothes and headed to bed.

*****************

My annoying alarm went off at 6:30am. Time for another day at work. Well at least I'm not hungover today. Today there was still a lot to do with the charity gala.

I checked my phone and noticed that I had a text from Mandy to check my email to finalise some details and review some paperwork. So, I grabbed the company laptop and logged in. There were a few new emails that had come overnight. Jeremy Bieber's PA had sent me some lists and reminders to help me and ensure that everything was perfect for the event. It was a lot of pressure trying to get this right.

I had to double check the guest list with Mr Bieber and make sure that there wasn't anyone extra that he wanted to add on. The venue also had to be checked today and the decor company had asked to see it to make sure that all of the designs that I had requested can actually go in the venue and can be set up. I had to be at the venue on the Saturday morning to make sure that it is all in order and then make sure that everyone arrives on time for the red carpet.

The red carpet was there for the PR side of the event to bring in attention for the company and for the charity.

After reading the emails and sorting them out, I headed into the shower and got ready for the day. I eventually got downstairs and picked up a banana for work since I was running late. I could always pick up something up when I go and get Justin some coffee.

*************

Once I got to the office Mandy had called me over and handed me some files. Apparently, they were private and confidential and that even I couldn't read them. They needed to be looked after before handing them to Justin.

I headed to my office and made sure that a timed schedule was ready for Justin because a lot of the work needed to be done today in order for it to be ready for the event on Saturday.

Justin came into the office sooner than normal today and headed straight into his office. He looked stressed and he was busy on his phone. I got up and left my office and headed to his, knocked on the door and waited for him to tell me to come in.

"Good Morning Justin, here is your schedule for the day and the files requested. and these were at reception for you."

"Thank you, Eloise. Could you get me some coffee from the coffee shop please?"

"Yeah of course, I'll be back soon but is there anything else?"

"No not at the moment" he smiled, and I headed out of the office.

Today I drove to the coffee shop since I had my car and it would save me the walk.

"Hey, your back again?" the coffee guy said

"Yeah, my boss likes the coffee here, so I come to get it."

"So, you're the PA"

"yeah, it seems that everyone knows that"

"Well I have seen every PA come here so I kind of get used to them and it's pretty easy to guess. Hopefully I'll see more of you"

"Yeah maybe."

He seemed nice but I wasn't looking for a relationship. I quickly headed back to the office. I decided to get Mandy a coffee too since I seem to be going every day.

"Here you go, enjoy" She smiled

"can't you stop to chat"

"Not today but I can come and see you before I leave today"

"Okay sounds good"

I headed into Justin's office and he looked stressed sat in his chair. He was rubbing his forehead and staring at his phone.

"Let me help."

"Sorry" he looked confused.

"you've been stressed since you got here so let me help you. It is my job you know as your PA." He showed a small smile.

"One of the deals that I have been working on seems to be going wrong. They want me to come on Sunday for a face to face meeting otherwise they will pull out but it's too much short notice to go"

"Where's the meeting?"

"It's in New York"

"Well you can go to the meeting and in face I can go with you. We can leave and get the last flight and make it to the meeting for the morning. I can book it now." He sniggered for a minute and I was confused.

"Okay what have I done now?" considering the yesterday I was hungover and calling him drunk the day before.

"nothing, it's just funny you think I have to book a flight."

"Right I forgot for a second that your Mr Bieber, Billionaire and the next CEO of Bieber Enterprise. I'll let the pilot know"

"Are you sure? I know it's late notice for a meeting. Especially abroad"

"Yes, I'm sure, so long as we leave right after the gala then we have time to go to a hotel and freshen up and maybe even nap"

"sounds good. Sorry about this. I've never had a deal like this but to be fair my dad had a lot of last-minute trips and sometimes they had even shorter notice."

"Well it is a part of my job and it's in the contract. The minimum notice is 18 hours."

"You actually read it. Now that's a first out of all of my PA's"

"Technically no I didn't. My best friend is a lawyer, so she read it and told me the main points, I guess. Well I shall go and sort that out and I will be back later to discuss the guest list."

"Thank you Eloise"

"Now who's saying Thank you too much" We both laughed before I headed out of the office.