Chapter 43 - Court Day 1

Author's note - the next few chapters contain a lot of violence and upsetting issues. If you don't like these chapters you can skip. The outcome is described so you don't have to read the chapters if you don't want to. 

Eloise's POV

It was Court Day 1 and I was nervous. Today was only going to last about two hours since they were just making opening statements. Then after that I would go back to work to try and keep me distracted.

The last week and half went by fast.

The premiere was amazing, and the documentary had a lot of positive reviews. It was amazing sitting and watching it. Lucy had come to the premiere with me and she joined us for the dinner afterwards since she was Ryan's date.

Turns out that Ryan is a close friend to the family as well.

It was an amazing evening and it was nice to meet some of Justin's family.

Lucy was going to drive me to court, and I was getting really nervous. I had the morning off of work and I was feeling a lot of pressure. He was going to be there, and it was making me feel anxious. Lucy felt pretty confident which made me feel a little better.

Marcus was also going to be there sat next to me today and Aunt Elise. She decided to stay a bit longer after the wedding once Lucy told her about the court date.

Me and my aunt have similar names since her and my dad were quite close whilst they were growing up.

We arrived at the courthouse and my hands were shaking.

"Hey Ellie"

"Hey Marcus."

"Need a hug?"

"Yeah I do please" he hugged me, and I started to calm down a bit.

"I got you. He won't be able to do anything to you."

"Thank you"

"We need to go in now." Lucy said. I pulled away from Marcus and he kissed my forehead.

"I'm not too late, am I?" It was Justin.

"No...no you're not too late but what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to support you"

"Thank you" and I gave him a hug.

"come on, you don't want to be late."

We headed in and I sat down near the front. It looked just like I thought it would. Aaron was handcuffed when he was brought in and un-cuffed when sat down. He looked directly at me and smiled.

Justin put his arm on my leg, and I put my hand on top of his.

"All Rise"

we stood up and the judge walked in. Once he sat down, we did too.

"This court is now in session. Please present the opening statements to the courtroom and Jury"

Lucy got up and made her way in front of the table.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, thank you for coming to hear this case. This case that you're going to hear will conflict you. The victim and the defendant were in a relationship when the offence took place. When he took advantage of her. He abused the relationship and abused her." I squeezed Justin's hand and he help mine tighter. "This case is complex but also deserves to have justice served and that can only be done by you." She pointed at the Jury. My other lawyer have me a look telling me it was good.