Chapter 21 - Charity Gala Part 2

Justin's POV

I was shocked to see that Megan was causing a fuss at such an important event. It was kind of ironic that the person in charge of my PR was behind the rumour in the office and causing a scene tonight. Eloise stood her ground today and also the other day in reception at the office. It was pretty impressive, and I cannot wait to see Megan's face after the speech. I was forced to mingle with people that I have never spoken to because I never wanted to speak to them but since I was going to be CEO soon, I had to have good relations with them.

The event was going well, and the interviews weren't too bad. Thankfully there were no questions about my ex so that was bonus. The appetisers had gone out which meant that my speech was coming up soon since I was meant to do it before the main.

Me and Eloise added a little feature to this gala, and which had not been there in any previous gala's hosted by the company which is a dancefloor. I was excited because it can be fun, and it would be the last thing people expected.

I was sat next to Eloise at the table and on my other side was Cheryl from the charity. We had limited the amount of press in the venue but there were still some taking pictures, so I had to look like I was enjoying myself and continue smiling.

**********

Pretty soon it was time for the speeches, and I was beginning to get nervous. Eloise had joined before I was to go on stage to hand me the iPad and she winked at me indicating that the speech I wrote was on this iPad. She went and sat back down, and I couldn't help but look at her. She looked beautiful in that dress and she has fit the theme of black tie.

"Now I would like to welcome Mr Bieber to the stage." Everyone was clapping when I walked onto the stage. Cheryl wished me luck, kissed my cheek and walked off the stage.

"thank you, Cheryl, for that speech and thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Now I won't bore you too long with this speech, but I did have a few things that I would like to say today. I am very fortunate that I grew up with loving parents who prioritised me and brought me up well." People looked shocked at my speech. Megan especially. "Some of the kids and young adults in this program and in this charity are not as lucky as me. This charity means a lot to me, more than anyone can know. Some of the situations that these children and young adults have been in are quite honestly brutal and for me it was important to choose the right charity tonight. A charity that doesn't receive the attention it deserves. And I'm hoping that some of you will open up your pockets today and enjoy the auction. I know some of you are excited and eager, so I won't keep you too much longer." everyone laughed. "But importantly I have a few thank you is for today and the first one being Cheryl. You have shown me how I can help these children and young adults I'm given them a start to the future. My parents for bringing me up and making me the man I am today and last but certainly not least my personal assistant who has brought my ideas to life tonight so thank you. Now get ready to splash the cash because we have an auction, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with what's on offer. Thank you." everyone was clapping, and I noticed that my mum was tearing up.

I headed off of the stage and back to my table where I gave my mum and dad a hug and the Eloise as well. We had grown close in the least week and I was happy. It was nice having her around.

"That was amazing Justin. You made me emotional" She said smiling at me. I was about to say something, but I was interrupted.

Eloise's POV

Megan had leaned over to talk to me and Justin.

"what the hell was that! That was not the speech we gave you"

I was surprised by the way she was talking to Justin. It even got the attention of everyone on the table.

"Megan, talk to me like that again and you will be fired. Next time I suggest you don't change my speech without telling me."