Chapter 77 - Engagement Party

Justin's POV

We got back from the Bahamas a few days ago and had a surprise waiting for us at home. Mum had organised a little dinner with everyone. My family and Elle's. Even though we have only been dating 10 months, I love her and I know that she is the one. 

I wanted to propose to her as soon as I could. I got the ring made a few weeks ago and they made it perfectly and I was actually surprised that I got the size perfect too. I was worried that it might be too small. 

I didn't tell anyone and I managed to get it done as discreetly as possible. I knew that Ryan would probably tell Lucy but I would do the same if it was me. 

Elle and me had a photoshoot done on one of the days in the Bahamas for us and then we were advised to do one for the media. Vogue had offered for us to be on the cover but it was a lot of pressure so I left Elle to decide whether she wanted to do it. I didn't want to force her onto the cover of a huge magazine like that, especially if she wasn't comfortable. 

She was getting quite used to the media overtime but it's not something that she should have to be forced to deal with because of me. 

We now had to organise our engagement party which was for family and clients. Dad had to do it to when he proposed to mum. We had to get our outfits fitted and we also needed to be matching which I was excited for believe it or not. 

The engagement party was next week at the weekend and quite a lot of the staff were also invited to the party. It sort of became an open invitation at the office and for some of the clients. 

Elle was excited because the planning was something that she enjoyed to do and she was also quite excited to plan the wedding. She was adamant that we both chose a date for the wedding together. 

I was working in the office when someone knocked on my door. 

"come in" 

"Sorry to disturb you sir" 

"No not at all. Come on in Luke" 

"I went to Miss Taylor's office first but she wasn't there" 

"Yeah, she has the afternoon off to get things sorted" 

"Congratulations on the engagement sir" 

"Thank you and Luke please call me Justin"

"Thank you Justin. Now let's get to business. I have had a word with the lawyers and they have told me that if we have evidence then we can slap her with a lawsuit for anything she earned from the newspapers and magazines. And we can give her a contract that she signs in exchange of jail time to make sure that she doesn't say anything else about the two of you and the company in the press. It will be an airtight contract and it is most likely that she will sign it. She could potentially face 3 years in prison and if she gets a criminal record, then she won't be able to work in many fields."

"I will have to talk about it with Elle but it sounds good"

"I've also stopped the newspapers and magazines from releasing anything unless they notify us and get permission to release it" 

"Well that will keep you busy" 

"Part of the job" he said. 

"Thank you. I appreciate it" 

"It's not a problem"

"I'll be in contact with you soon Luke" 

He nodded and headed out of my office. I checked my phone and noticed 3 missed calls from Elle. I rang her back straight away.