Chapter 12 - Planning

Eloise's POV 

We got back to the office at 3 PM but I headed to my office to work. Quite a lot was left to do for the gala and I had to organise a few meetings. 

Time went by fast as it was now 5:30pm and it was nearly the end of the day. I headed on Justin's office and knocked on the door. 

"Come in" 

"hi Justin, sorry to disturb but I have a few things that I need you to see."

"Take a seat" 

"I have been looking at some companies for decor and table arrangements for the venue and I know this company that are incredible with decor. The designs that they have are modern and fit many themes. If I'm correct, the charity gala is black tie?"

"Yes it is. It's been a long time since the charity gala has had black tie. Normally they have a theme based upon clothing but I thought it was best to keep it simple and let the charity shine. At the gala, they are also going to be doing a big auction and I decided to put up one of my cars. Can I trust you to sort that?"

Yes of course and that's very generous. Well here is the decor company's  details and a mood board for the venue for setting it up. I have also found some entertainment who are quite popular at the moment so that should bring some more media. Also I spoke to PR and they are adamant that they want you to make a speech written by them and it seems to be generic. I think that you should make some changes and add some more to it." 

"Send me a copy of the speech and I will make the necessary alterations and send it back as soon as I'm finished. I will trust your judgement with the decor and I'm sure you would be a lot better at it than me. I spoke to the caterers about the food and they said that they could do a taster spread for us tonight if you care to join me?"

"Y-yes or course and I've already sent a copy to your email and I will get onto the decor tomorrow" 

"We can also visit the venue at any time to organise the event. And how does 7 sound tonight. We can go straight after work. I'll be leaving at 6:30pm"

"I'll join you but I will need to go now and finish the work."

"Take the company laptop home and finish it in your own time. You have done a lot of work since you got here yesterday. We have a busy week ahead and I don't want my assistant to be exhausted". 

"Thank you Justin, I appreciate it." I smiled. 

"You're welcome. Shall we head off?"

"Yes of course" we tied up and headed out of the office and onto the elevator. I thought for a second how did he know if I had my car or not. "What about my car?" 

He laughed "I know that you were dropped off today. I saw you this morning"

"Wait but if you saw me this morning but you only came into the office an hour later?"

"I drop by the office and drop some items off at reception and then go and do what I do every morning" 

We then stood in silence. I felt his gaze on me so I looked at him and he had looked away. It was an awkward silence. I noticed that his face was stern. I hadn't seen him this serious since the meeting earlier today. 

We stepped off the elevator and headed out to the front of the building where Justin's driver was waiting. I said a quick bye to Mandy on the way out and so did Justin."

In the car we sat in silence. I just looked out the window the entire journey. I was wondering if he got annoyed by my question of what time he comes into the office. He went quiet after that. 

***********

We soon arrived at his house and the driver opened the door for me. 

"Thank you" he nodded his head acknowledging me.

"Wow, this place is beautiful."

"Thank you, but I didn't design it"

The house was not a typical house that I expected him to live in. It certainly was not a bachelor house. It was more like a family home. 

"This is my house but I also have my apartment. I come here from time to time. The apartment is a bit further out and this place has a bigger kitchen so it was easier to set up everything with the caterers here" 

He guided me into the dining room and sat us down.

"What would you like to drink. And don't worry I won't let you have too many cocktails." we both laughed.

"Okay, surprise me."

He nodded and grabbed a few bottles of the bar cart and made me a cocktail.

"Here you go and don't worry, it's not strong enough to get you drunk"

"Thank you" 

"The food should be coming soon so I hope your hungry." 

"Yes I am, and thank you."

"You can stop saying 'thank you' you know?" I was confused.

"What do you mean?"

"You say 'thank you' a lot more than you probably should. Honestly, if you had a shot every time you said 'thank you' today, you would be drunk again." I laughed because I knew he was joking about the hangover. 

"Not funny."

" you know for someone who had a hangover today, you sure didn't stop working or let any of that affect you"

"Well I had a hangover cure form my best friend this morning. It was disgusting and I didn't even know what was in it." 

Then the food came and we began to dig into the food and carried on chatting. It was nice to get to know him.