Chapter 75 - New Years Trip

Eloise's POV 

So the past few days have gone by pretty fast. To be honest me and Justin have mostly spent them sitting on the sofa watching movies. 

It's nice to not be working and spending time together like this. 

I packed my suitcase last night and most of it was just swimwear. I also packed a few jumpers and sweaters in case it got a bit chilling in the evening or mornings. We are renting a villa which is where Justin rest every year. 

Ryan is also coming and Lucy which will be fun. Justin's cousin and his girlfriend is also coming so it will be fun. I'm excited to go on holiday and just not worry too much about any of the work. Luke has been working on how to stop the press using Megan as a source for the articles and I think he'll be able to do it. 

"You ready to leave babe?"

"Yeah I think I've got everything" 

"Ryan and Lucy left 10 minutes ago so we should leave"

"Okay let's go" 

We got into the car and Louis was dropping us off so that we didn't have to part at the airport and I was excited fo this trip. I haven't been to the beach in forever. And it will be nice to go somewhere hot and get away from the horrible, cold weather in the UK. 

And it would be nice to go on Holiday before going back to work too. 

"Are you okay babe?"

"Yeah I'm fine" I said giving him a smile. 

"You're gazing out of the window" 

"Yeah I was just thinking" 

"Penny for your thoughts?"

"I was just thinking about the past year and how it's going. I can't believe how quick it's gone and how much has happened" 

"If someone told me that I would meet the love of my life this year, I would have laughed in their face. But I met you and it was the greatest thing that has happened in my life" 

"You're going to make me emotional"

"Well let's go and celebrate the year that we have had" I noticed that we had arrived at the airport. We were taking a commercial flight but we were traveling first class which was exciting. 

We met Lucy and Ryan and also Nathan and Maddie. We all sort of arrived at the same time. 

We quickly made it through security and we did a bit of duty free shopping too. I brought myself a new perfume. One of my old ones was going to be running out soon and it is a favourite of mine. 

The plane journey was quite long. It was just over 10 hours and I was tired too. We were in first class so it was very comfy but I don't often sleep well on flights and this was one of the worse ones. There was actually quite a bit of turbulence but we got to Bahamas safe and sound. 

We were at a private resort and there was three small villas and we also had our own which was perfect. Me and Justin had the biggest one and we all agreed to have breakfast together everyday whilst we are here. We're going to be here for 6 days which will be good. 

We landed and it was the day time so it was perfect timing to freshen up and hit the beach but we were all hungry so we were going to have lunch at the villa and Justin had hired some chefs for some of the day that we were here. The fridge and cupboards were stocked up with all of the food and drinks. 

New Years Eve is actually in 2 days and there is a big firework show on the beach that we were going to go to and Justin had hired two cars so that we could go around and explore too. 

****************

We had spent out first day here on the beach and having drinks at the villa.  

"So how has it been working for your boyfriend Eloise" Maddie asked 

"Well he was my boss first and it hasn't been too bad. We keep it strictly professional at work so that helps and at home it's the normal" 

"So you started dating your boss huh?" she joked 

"Yeah I did. Lucy and Ryan set us up on a blind date and then I guess it continued from there. What about you? How did you and Nathan meet?"

"We actually met in school and we started to dating in sixth form. So we've know each other for a pretty long time" 

"That's cute. It's great that you two have stayed together that long" 

"Well we actually broke up when he went to Uni because he was on one end of the country and I was on the other. So it wasn't really working out. We dated other people for that year but my heart was with him" 

"It's sweet how you two ended up together" Lucy said. 

"Yeah and now we are stronger than ever" 

"How has work been for you Maddie? Nathan said that you have been out of the country working" 

"Yeah I was in Milan. I work for a fashion company but mostly work in the office in London but we had a few things that needed to be done on the designs so for some reason they sent me. I was there for a month. I'm sad I missed out on the first family dinner with you" 

"Me too, you were missed by everyone" 

"How did you find that dinner?"

"It wasn't too bad. Although I was pretty nervous about meeting everyone." 

"well they all loved you so you must have done something right" 

"Hold on I will be back. Ryan is calling me" Lucy said as she got up to leave the room. 

We were all sat getting ready for dinner and having a few drinks. It was nice getting to know Maddie. 

"So it's New Years Eve tomorrow, any New Years resolutions?"

"No I don't make them anymore" 

"How come?"

"Well I never stick to them so I stopped making them"

"Fair point" 

"Do you make New Years resolutions?"

"Yeah and I actually completed one this year."

"Oh yeah. Which one?"

"I made a resolution to be more positive and make the most out of every situation" 

"That's great. I did tick off something from my bucket list this year" 

"Go on"

"Justin, Ryan and me went skydiving in Dubai" 

"That's insane. I've wanted to do that but I haven't yet" 

"I think I would do it again" 

"We need to do it together then" 

I take a minute and think back to the dubai trip and everything that happened there. It was so fun and it was also where Justin asked me to his girlfriend. A lot has changed since then and it changed for the better. 

"Elle" Justin said getting my attention. "Can I borrow you for a minute?"

"Yeah sure" I got up and grabbed my drink from the side table "I'll meet you at dinner Maddie" 

I followed Justin and he took me to our house next door. 

"Is everything okay J?"

"Yeah I just wanted to ask you on a date tomorrow evening and I didn't want to ask in front of Maddie."

"aww did you just get shy" he started to go slightly. I walked over and hugged him and he hid his head in the side of my neck. 

"I love you" he said 

"I love you too J" He pulled back and kissed me on my forehead and continued to hold me. 

I feel the safest in his arms. 

The love I felt for this man was indescribable. He made me feel safe and loved at that's all that I have ever needed.