Chapter 42 - Coffee

Eloise's POV

It was now Wednesday, and the Premiere for the Documentary interview was on Friday. It was a simpler event. It had a small red carpet and the guest list was kept small.

Luke liked Justin's idea of the drive-in cinema. It gave people the option to be coming casual to the event. I was excited because it wasn't like any other event. It was more chill and everyone enjoyed themselves too. 

There was a dinner afterwards that I was invited to, but it was with Justin's friends and family and I didn't want to intrude.

I was going for some Coffee today with Pattie. We had organised the meeting for today. I still didn't know why we were meeting.

I walked to the coffee shop because it wasn't too far from the office.

Pattie was already there waiting for me.

"Hi sorry I'm a little late Pattie."

"That's okay, I know what things can be like at the office. I got you a latte is that okay?"

"Yeah, it's prefect.

"So, you're probably wondering why I wanted to meet?"

"Yeah sounds about right"

"Well I know that Justin didn't look at the background check, but I did. I wanted you to know that the company and me will support you with everything. You have already done so much for the company."

"I haven't really"

"Ryan was right"

"I'm sorry?"

"You have changed Justin. I was unsure about him being CEO but since you came to the office, he changed, and it's been for the better. He was cold towards people before you came."

"I don't really know what to say"

"We'll let me please" I nodded "I wanted to say if you need anything you can come to me and Jeremy. Justin may have told you that he went to dinner last night" I nodded "well he said that he wasn't seeing anyone and I knew he was lying so I asked Ryan and he told me that he was your date to your brother's wedding."

"Yes, he was but Ryan and his girlfriend who is my best friend, set us both up on a blind date"

"Ryan didn't tell me that but he did tell me that Justin is happy. You make him happy."

"He makes me happy"

"Thank you, Eloise, it means a lot to me. After Natalie, Justin became a cold man and I hoped that he would get over it, but he didn't for a you, but you came..." she started getting emotional.

"Pattie, before I came to work for him, I was in an awful place. I had left everyone and ran away to France and lived with my aunt for month. I came back and I was depressed. Justin changed me too. He makes me happy too. I should thank you too for that. He admires you and Jeremy a lot."

Then my phone rang.

"Sorry I have to get this Pattie" I stepped to the side and answered my phone.

"Eloise, could you come back to the office please. I need you for a last-minute meeting."

"Yeah of course, I'm leaving now" I walked back to Pattie at the table. "I'm sorry but that was Justin. he needs me for a meeting"

"It's okay sweetheart. Thank you for today. I appreciate you being open with me"

"Thank you for the coffee and thank you for the chat." I hugged her and I started to walk get to the office.

**************

I got all of the files ready for the meeting. This meeting was for the marketing for the hotels. They had moved it up because they needed to get it released as soon as they had the okay.

I grabbed some files and took them to the conference room and Justin was already in there waiting.

"You're early"

"Yeah I didn't want to do some of my other work."

"Okay. Well then you can help me"

"What do you need me to do?"

"Make sure that the computer is set up and connected to the TV?"

"Okay" he walked to the computer and I couldn't help but stare at his ass. "Take a picture, it will last longer."

"How did you know?"

"Eyes burning my ass"

I laughed "Never thought I would hear you say that."

"Well what can I say. I can surprise people" I started to laugh again. "Everything is all connected"

"Thank you. Well it looks like everything is all set"

"Perfect. Now we wait"

"We are early though"

"That's okay"