Chapter 38 - Reception

Eloise's POV

"Scotch sounds like a good idea but I thought you would be popping a bottle of champagne" I heard Justin say behind me. I turned around.

"Well scotch is also good"

"I know by the way Eloise... Lucy told me"

"I thought you already knew"

"I didn't read the whole of the background check. I wanted you to be able to tell me"

"Thank you. That means a lot"

"You look beautiful by the way"

"Thank you" I said blushing.

"Well since I'm your date. Shall we head inside and sit together?"

"Come on then" he held his arm out a I linked mine with his.

"when I told you, I wouldn't let him hurt you, I meant that" I looked at him. "come on trouble and no more scotch. We can't have you drunk before the cake"

I laughed. He always found a way to make me laugh.

We headed into the reception area and people were taking their seats. I directed Justin to ours which was next to Lucy and Ryan and some of my family. Aunt Elise was here from the south of France. I hadn't spoken to her in a few months. She was here with her husband and my cousins.

"Here you go dear. I've been trying to get this to you." Allison mum handed me my phone and watch with my planner.

"Thank you"

"You two make a lovely couple" She said before walking away.

"We make a lovely couple. Who would have thought?" Justin said.

"Imagine if they knew we were on a blind date" We both laughed. Justin had his arm around the back of my chair and that was giving me butterflies.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome Mr and Mrs Taylor!"

Everyone stood up clapping and cheering. Then walked in hand in hand and made their way to the dance floor to cut the cake.

As they were cutting the cake, some confetti cannons went off and the DJ started playing some music.

*************

We had the starters and then it was going up to the time of the speeches. Allison's father went first and pretty soon it was my turn.

"Now can we please welcome Eloise" everyone clapped, and I headed to the dance floor and grabbed the mic from Allison's father and gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Well I won't keep you too long, but I do have a few things to say and show you. First of all, I would like to say a big congratulations to Marcus and Allison. You too are the perfect couple and it's about time you got married. I didn't want to bore anyone with a speech. So, I thought I should let this video say it all." I gave Marcus a big grin and he had his hand on his forehead. I nodded to the DJ who projected the video on the screen. It was a slideshow of some funny pictures and videos. It was pretty embarrassing for Allison and Marcus.

"Eloise really?!" Marcus looked so embarrassed.

"I promise it gets better" Everyone was loving the pictures and laughing.

"Now I wanted to say a big thank you to Allison and Marcus. I don't know where I would be today if it wasn't for you two. You guys are doing a great job taking care of me. So, thank you both and I hope you enjoy your wedding. I remember when Marcus brought Allison's engagement ring. He was clueless. He didn't even know what size ring to get." everyone laughed. "If you would like to join me in raising a glass. To Marcus and Allison, I hope you have many years of happiness and joy together." Everyone raised their glasses.