Chapter 35 - Wedding Prep and Rehearsal Dinners

Eloise POV

It was finally Thursday in the office, and I had some work left to do before Lunch. I was leaving the office after lunch and going to my brother's house to help with the last but of the wedding prep.

My office phone rang, and I answered.

"Eloise could you come into my office please. I need to see you before you leave"

"On my way" I put the phone down and made my way into his office.

"I just wanted to ask you to send a few emails for me".

"Of course."

"I need to send an email to Ryan to confirm that I'm fine with what he's set up. He'll know what I mean. Actually, instead of an email. Could you ring and leave a message. Then I need you to email Luke with confirmation that I'm happy with the final cuts to the documentary interview. Is there anything that you need from me Eloise?"

"Actually yes. I have a few documents that need signing. I was going to bring them in. I'll go and get them" Justin nodded so I went back into my office and grabbed the documents. "Here you go"

He grabbed them and looked and read what he was signing. I waited for him to sign them all before he handed them back to me.

"I also wanted to say enjoy yourself at your brother's wedding and don't be doing any work over the wedding."

"Thank you and no I won't be but if anything comes up then please don't hesitate to contact me"

"I'm taking the weekend off too, so I won't be working. I'm always going to be taking off weekends unless we are abroad."

"Okay and so you should. If you work too much, then you will struggle and may get ill"

"You're concerned about me?"

"Yes, I'm concerned about you Justin, you're a friend and friends have to look out for each other" but I think I may want more than that. I couldn't help thinking about him when I got home on Monday. He makes me happy and I have started to notice a change in me too. I also couldn't help but think about my past relationships and it makes me cautious of having another one.

"Eloise" he got me out of my daydream

"Sorry"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah just didn't sleep very well last night."

"Anything that you want to talk about?"

"No, it's okay, you're busy"

"Nope" he then closed his laptop and sat facing me. "I have time"

I took a deep breath and started. "Well the court case is in two weeks now and it makes me nervous. I don't know how it's going to go and it's most likely going to be in the media. This guy has controlled my life for too long and I just want to be free" I had tears in my eyes. Aaron took a part of me when he hurt me.

"Look at me" Justin said. I looked at him and he looked worried. "everything will be okay. You have a great team of lawyers if you have one that works at the same firm that I use. If you worried that he will hurt you, I can assure you that he won't, and I won't let him. I am your friend after all, and I care too"

"Thank you, Justin." I had managed to stop my tears before they spilled.

"If you ever need anything, you can contact me you know. I am a good listener."

"You got a date for the wedding then?"

"Yes actually but I don't know who it is." he looked confused "My best friend and my sister-in-law set me up on a blind date na dI have no clue who it is. The only thing that I have been told is that it is my best friends, boyfriends, friend."