[book 2] chapter forty-three: mistakes and regrets

THE RATIONAL PART of my brain didn't start working until we entered my suite

THE RATIONAL PART of my brain didn't start working until we entered my suite. I slowly shut the door behind me and I turned to face James.

"I don't think this is a good idea."

He nodded his head. "I understand."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. "You do?"

"Yeah, you know you can't control yourself." He began to do up his tie. "I don't blame you."

"Who says I can't?" I snapped. James really thought he was the only mature person here?

He shrugged his shoulders. "Okay, then prove it."

I scoffed. "Is that your new catchphrase or something?"

He sat back on the hotel bed, feigning a yawn. "I'm waiting."

I was ready to rip my hair out. How did I ever date someone so infuriating? Unwilling to let James feel like he had won, I took my shoes off. 

"That's it?" he said with a dry laugh before doing the same.

I glared at him as I slipped out of my pantyhose.

He responded by taking off his socks.

This continued as I took my dress off and he did the same with his shirt and tie. I then walked up to James, who was still sitting on the bed, and I pushed him down before climbing on top of him, my legs on either side of his torso.

"You underestimate me," I said.

He laced his hands behind his head and watched me in amusement. "I don't think I do."

I glanced down at his bare and toned body, and I leaned forward, licking his abs. When I felt him tense, I trailed my tongue up to his neck. I stopped and locked eyes with him, and he flipped me over so that he was on top. James pinned my arms down and trailed kisses down my chest and to my stomach, stopping right before my underwear. He released his grip on my arms to pull my underwear off.

"I'm done playing this," I told him before he could take it off.

His lips curved into a smirk. "I never pinned you as someone who admits defeat."

At my wit's end with him, I got up and yanked my underwear off, tossing it to the other side of the room. "That's because I don't."

There was a challenging glint in his eyes as he moved his mouth downwards. I let out a gasp as he got to work, my breathing becoming rapid as he continued. James took that as his cue to keep going and showed no signs of stopping.

"James," I gasped, and he gripped onto my thighs as he continued for what felt like an eternity of pleasure and torture. I chomped on the inside of my cheek to stop myself from giving him any satisfaction but that didn't last long when I found my heavy breathing turn into loud moans.

He didn't stop there and took off his pants to get down to it, not wanting to waste a minute.

"Wait," I said in a breathy voice. "It's my turn."